Graphic problem in 2.0.x backend: i think can be resolved easily

Started by simbus82, March 16, 2012, 15:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simbus82

Can I suggest some cosmetic changes? To tell the truth they were also two changes for usability.

- First is in the product orders configuration:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1719/vmfiltri.jpg
The checkbox must go before the label.

- Second is in the toolbar in the admin: the orders of buttons is very "crazy"...
I have to be a sniper to click the "new" button, that is the most used button.
Joomla have a more "usable" order. I think is a right thing to follow this order.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6518/vmordinebottoni.jpg

- Third: (maybe feature request??) save&new and save as copy in the product and category editing are not visible.
If I remember correctly in older versions of VM, these functions were added and good working (at least in full screen mode)

Thanks!!!
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

lipes

I like your usefull suggestions "cosmetic changes"..
I dont understand why any Developer member dont write you anything...  Maybe they said that this suggestions/questions are in the bottom order of the importance...
i think this is easy/fast to do/change ...
i dont know if they want like this.. or like that .. we got until nowadays..
must wait until 16 April :P
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

John2400

Hi Lipes,

these are some good suggestions in regards to cosmetic changes-

* i notice that simbus82 uploaded an image of the back end with version 2.0.1 ? back end photo

In updates since then to 2.0.3 "J" there have been some steady changes -"cosmetic'

* yes i'd like to move a few things around in the cart - maybe when 2.0.4 comes out - we could push for the dymanic field mobility like I see in 'Moodle" where you can physically click and drag your fields?

simbus82

Quote from: John2400 on April 07, 2012, 04:08:02 AM
Hi Lipes,

these are some good suggestions in regards to cosmetic changes-

* i notice that simbus82 uploaded an image of the back end with version 2.0.1 ? back end photo

Eh but my post is dated 16 March.... and i cannot try "test" version beceause i have a production site and i do a upgrade only if i'm confident in stability of new version.

But this graphic problem is here in 2.0.2 (latest stable).

In 2.0.3x do you have really changed the toolbar order (like joomla, "new" for first) and added "save&new" or "save as copy" when we create a product/category (repetitive action)?

Quote from: lipes on April 07, 2012, 00:57:53 AM
i dont know if they want like this.. or like that .. we got until nowadays..
must wait until 16 April :P
What happen 16 April?

Milbo

Interesting post, I just did not see it. I like suggestion nr 1. The others are also not bad, but implement a good amount of work.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

Quote from: simbus82 on April 07, 2012, 11:55:13 AM
What happen 16 April?
16 Abril.. humm..  259 days remaining until the end of the year :D
VM activity predictions... http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/activity
The truth: i was just joking with the date of the post msg "March 16, 2012", 1 month later we will see if we get some result about that :P hihi

Quote from: John2400 on April 07, 2012, 04:08:02 AM...
we could push for the dymanic field mobility like I see in 'Moodle" where you can physically click and drag your fields?
:D  these are good news! web 2.0 drag and drop wonderful  8)

Milbo: I think that the Second (2nd) is also about "cosmetic" question... I think that he was only just noted that "have to be a sniper to click the "new" button" ... so If we change the call of the CSS
.icon-32-new {background-image: url(../images/toolbar/icon-32-new.png);}
to a new image something like this (is a bad image icon) ..
(simbus82: correct me if i'm wrong )
Update: oh sorry! right.. you already said about "change the order".

3rd suggestion is more difficult

simbus82

Quote from: Milbo on April 07, 2012, 15:39:09 PM
Interesting post, I just did not see it. I like suggestion nr 1. The others are also not bad, but implement a good amount of work.

i know the third can be very hard to code, but this function is in VM 1.x.

The second: is there a  "view" file that do the rendering for the admin UI? I think you just change the order of the divs that contains the buttons ... or not? :-s My suggestion is only about the "html" style. One div before another...

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

simbus82

Quote from: Milbo on April 09, 2012, 11:54:35 AM
no third is very easy. I mean it is already almost there.

Oh... that's good! When a vendor have too many product to insert in the VM this can be more easy and fast than before!

lipes

Quote from: Milbo on April 09, 2012, 11:54:35 AM
no third is very easy. I mean it is already almost there.
:)  nice!

simbus82

EDIT