News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart 2.0.3c+ - JComments 2.3.0 Integration (Free). For J 1.7 and 2.5

Started by flo31, March 16, 2012, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freshqa

Thanks for reply! When u said what to add it became obvious to me that all this time it had to work already. I did everything right before, the only thing my Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content Plugin was unpublished, so funny me -=)

Best hack, now i can get my latest reviews at the mainpage!

flo31

Thanks for the feedback :)

If it doesn't recognize the tags it's only because the plugin is not installed or published (the tags are not needed, the comments are enabled by default).

I know it works if people take care of each line, each step.

I don't have enough time to help case by case, and also people can learn from their mistakes.

Snake 60

To flo31 Can you make plugin for joomla 1.5.x not only for 1.7 or late?

flo31

Hey, no sorry I have other things going on and Joomla 1.5 won't be anymore supported in a few months.

baroen

Why should I use jcomments instead of the standard review system? What are the benefits?

kerkezz

Quote from: flo31 on March 16, 2012, 12:55:56 PM
This tutorial will allow you to use JComments 2.3.0 ajax system for displaying and managing comments on the VirtueMart 2 product pages.

STEP 1
Download Virtuemart 2.0.3c or newer and install it, or simply update your actual version.

STEP 2 Go into Virtuemart->Configuration then Shop Tab and click on Enable Joomla plugin

STEP 3 Then go to the Shop Front tab.
On the right side under 'Shopper Review/Rating System ', disable the first 2 params :

Enable Review System for : 'Disabled'
Show Review : 'Don't show'

and save.

Note : If you already have Virtuemart reviews, you will be able to import them to JComments.

STEP 4 Download JComments Component 2.3.0 Stable on http://www.joomlatune.com/jcomments-downloads.html and install it.

STEP 5 We are now going to hack JComments in order to support VM1 and VM2 (it only supports VM1 at this moment). This will allow you to get the integration working, and the possiblity to import the reviews from VM2.

Replace in your Joomla folder :

- /components/com_jcomments/plugins/com_virtuemart.plugin.php

- administrator/components/com_jcomments/admin.jcomments.migration.php

with the corresponding files, given in the following zip : Jcomments Hack Zip

STEP 6 Download, and Install the Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content Plugin. Then enable it in the Joomla extensions manager.

And you are done !

You may set some params. Under Joomla, JComments → settings and the permissions tab.
Set the right permissions to your joomla user groups to allow them to use JComments functionnalities.

Now JComments is handling all Virtuemart Comments / Reviews, so you can use the power of JComments to manage them.

STEP 7 (Option)
Import your Virtuemart reviews into JComments . Go in JComments->Import, Virtuemart 2 reviews and click on import.

You can also use JComments for other components like K2, Articles...and all JComments modules will work (latest, latest commented, most commented, top posters).
You just have to set the source : com_virtuemart in the modules params if you want to display virtuemart comments.

FAQ :

I want to exclude virtuemart categories to not display comments on his products : In the plugin Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content parameters you can multiselect (with ctrl+click) virtuemart categories to exclude (In Joomla extensions->plugins)

I have excluded the virtuemart category Computers under the plugin and want to enable comments only for the Macbook Product :
You can force enabling or disabling comments for a product. Go under Virtuemart->product and go on the product page. Go to the description tab and click at the bottom of the editor :

- Click on JComments OFF button to force disabling comments
- Click on JComments ON button to force enabling comment

The plugin Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content Plugin reads this on the product page, takes it into account, and removes the tags from the product description, so it's not displayed in the frontend.

I want to stop using JComments :
There is not export function at this moment. You can uninstall JComments, and the reviews will remain in the database. Then retrieve the STEP 2 and STEP 3.

Note : If you have added a {Jcomments} tag in some products, go into Joomla extensions -> plugins management, plugin Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content Plugin and select 'no' for the 'Activate Plugin' param.

The plugin will only continue to remove the tags from the product description, but won't display JComments.
You can uninstall it, since you have removed all {Jcomments} tags in all product descriptions, but the plugin can stay here and do the job quite well.

You can report bugs here and I will fix them.

Links are dead, can't open any page from your link! I'm working with VM 2.0.6 and latest Jcomments... can you help me? Will this work for me too?

mjtn88

that's an awsome tutorial, but links are dead... please this is very urgent!!!  :'(  ... can you update them... i'll be so grateful!!!

littlefish

GomHang

Quote from: flo31 on March 16, 2012, 12:55:56 PM
This tutorial will allow you to use JComments 2.3.0 ajax system for displaying and managing comments on the VirtueMart 2 product pages.

STEP 1
Download Virtuemart 2.0.3c or newer and install it, or simply update your actual version.

STEP 2 Go into Virtuemart->Configuration then Shop Tab and click on Enable Joomla plugin

STEP 3 Then go to the Shop Front tab.
On the right side under 'Shopper Review/Rating System ', disable the first 2 params :

Enable Review System for : 'Disabled'
Show Review : 'Don't show'

and save.

Note : If you already have Virtuemart reviews, you will be able to import them to JComments.

STEP 4 Download JComments Component 2.3.0 Stable on http://www.joomlatune.com/jcomments-downloads.html and install it.

STEP 5 We are now going to hack JComments in order to support VM1 and VM2 (it only supports VM1 at this moment). This will allow you to get the integration working, and the possiblity to import the reviews from VM2.

Replace in your Joomla folder :

- /components/com_jcomments/plugins/com_virtuemart.plugin.php

- administrator/components/com_jcomments/admin.jcomments.migration.php

with the corresponding files, given in the following zip : Jcomments Hack Zip

STEP 6 Download, and Install the Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content Plugin. Then enable it in the Joomla extensions manager.

And you are done !

You may set some params. Under Joomla, JComments → settings and the permissions tab.
Set the right permissions to your joomla user groups to allow them to use JComments functionnalities.

Now JComments is handling all Virtuemart Comments / Reviews, so you can use the power of JComments to manage them.

STEP 7 (Option)
Import your Virtuemart reviews into JComments . Go in JComments->Import, Virtuemart 2 reviews and click on import.

You can also use JComments for other components like K2, Articles...and all JComments modules will work (latest, latest commented, most commented, top posters).
You just have to set the source : com_virtuemart in the modules params if you want to display virtuemart comments.

FAQ :

I want to exclude virtuemart categories to not display comments on his products : In the plugin Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content parameters you can multiselect (with ctrl+click) virtuemart categories to exclude (In Joomla extensions->plugins)

I have excluded the virtuemart category Computers under the plugin and want to enable comments only for the Macbook Product :
You can force enabling or disabling comments for a product. Go under Virtuemart->product and go on the product page. Go to the description tab and click at the bottom of the editor :

- Click on JComments OFF button to force disabling comments
- Click on JComments ON button to force enabling comment

The plugin Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content Plugin reads this on the product page, takes it into account, and removes the tags from the product description, so it's not displayed in the frontend.

I want to stop using JComments :
There is not export function at this moment. You can uninstall JComments, and the reviews will remain in the database. Then retrieve the STEP 2 and STEP 3.

Note : If you have added a {Jcomments} tag in some products, go into Joomla extensions -> plugins management, plugin Virtuemart 2 - JComments Content Plugin and select 'no' for the 'Activate Plugin' param.

The plugin will only continue to remove the tags from the product description, but won't display JComments.
You can uninstall it, since you have removed all {Jcomments} tags in all product descriptions, but the plugin can stay here and do the job quite well.

You can report bugs here and I will fix them.

thanks very much :-*
Quote from: Snake 60 on July 16, 2012, 08:06:06 AM
Here it:
and you too, wish besthing for two you  :-*
@newbie: login to see link and download, if link die, pm my yahoo:trai_ngam_cat or gomhang68@gmail.com

olejenya

Hey. What conclusion can be linked to the rating of the user who left koment? That you could see his assessment item? Everywhere there is an option in the comments vote. And then its gone, but as I would like to bind to virtumartovsktoy) Help pliz implement.

mkt

Hello, i did all what was writen. But before i change Jcomments Hack Zip all comments was in admin panel but links not right. But after changes in "name of material" all information was lost. And comments was not display in virtuemart goods... Whats problem?

ps Excuse me for my English, im from Russia, and not good speak in English. 

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on June 10, 2013, 19:10:30 PM
Really, this extension [FREE VirtueMart Products Reviews - Joomla Module] for Virtuemart is very perspective. The native reviews for shopping cart with this helpful module is much better thing that this, not so universal, JComments.

Support is very friendly. A little bug was corrected by Sneha Thakker successfully and fast - http://www.thakkertech.com/forum/4-joomla-extensions-bug-report/1623-virtuemart-reviews.html
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

gerstavros

It doesn't work
"Warning: require(/home/gerstavr/public_html/Joomla2/components/com_jcomments/jcomments.config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gerstavr/public_html/Joomla2/plugins/content/vmjcomments/helpers/plugin.php on line 16"
Is there any workarround ?