News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

If you try and add a price in the existing version of the plugin when creating the Custom field the pricing is not saved

If you add the plugin to a product, THEN add the prices in the product instance of the plugin the prices are saved

I found doing it this way a real "ball ache"

So if you look at my post - Reply #494 - see if that works for your requirement
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Cr3ativ3

Live to ride, ride to live!
J2.5.27
J3.4.1
VM2.6.10
VM3.09

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Cr3ativ3

Hutson your a legend....THAT was properly getting on my manboobs!
J2.5.27
J3.4.1
VM2.6.10
VM3.09

AH

I tip my hat to PRO - he is the legend for creating this great free plugin.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Cr3ativ3

Sorry yes indeed, thank you PRO.....you are a great Leg end! ;)
J2.5.27
J3.4.1
VM2.6.10
VM3.09

amn

Hello,
I'm sorry I want to use the plugin on my shop and I get following error wenn I want to include some test prices.

I fill the drop box with following insert out:   Black |+5,White |+2,Green |+15

and I will see on the shop following in the drop down menue:   Black (+5  White (+2    Green (+15

What I mean is that I'm missing the currency like € for me and the right parenthesis!!

May you can tell me how I can fix this problem.

Regards from Germany, Antonio

PRO

Quote from: amn on January 20, 2014, 02:11:06 AM
Hello,
I'm sorry I want to use the plugin on my shop and I get following error wenn I want to include some test prices.

I fill the drop box with following insert out:   Black |+5,White |+2,Green |+15

and I will see on the shop following in the drop down menue:   Black (+5  White (+2    Green (+15

What I mean is that I'm missing the currency like € for me and the right parenthesis!!

May you can tell me how I can fix this problem.

Regards from Germany, Antonio

is default currency set?

stresskills

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on July 16, 2013, 12:00:31 PM
Quote from: drukman2000 on July 16, 2013, 05:48:32 AM
Custom field is imported but the selections are always empty. It's not clear what separators for texts and fields were used.
Don't get you.
Quote from: drukman2000 on July 16, 2013, 05:48:32 AM
When exporting custom_param data is very long & makes no sense.
If custom_param is that ones that could be really helpful in this, could you post here that nonsense?
When I export from CSVI 5.16 custom_param is Empty (null)
I looked through the database and saw that drop stores product specific custom field data in table: virtuemart_product_customfields field: custom_param
but when I export custom_param from CSVI it's empty??
Any ideas?
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

AH

Check with the CSVI team if the fields are in the DBase then it is probably their issue
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

stresskills

Quote from: Hutson on February 27, 2014, 00:18:21 AM
Check with the CSVI team if the fields are in the DBase then it is probably their issue
Ok, Will do.

I'm so close but just can't seem to finish..

I have 4 different drop dropdowns set to equal price.

The only problem I have is that the price is calculated correctly for the first use of the plugin.
But then for each additional selection the plugin subtracts the original base value. (If I set the base value to =0 nothing works)

Example:

Product price= $1

Select list one:   [Title=1" material ] None Selected,Quantity 01|=20.00,Quantity 03|=50.00
Select list two:   [Title=2" material ] None Selected,Quantity 01|=20.00,Quantity 03|=50.00
Select list three: [Title=3" material ] None Selected,Quantity 01|=20.00,Quantity 03|=50.00

so lets say I select:
Select list one:   Quantity 01|=20.00
Select list two:   Quantity 01|=20.00
Total price would be= 39.00

so lets say I select:
Select list one:     Quantity 01|=20.00
Select list two:     Quantity 01|=20.00
Select list three:   Quantity 01|=20.00
Total price would be= 58.00

Sorry for my mega post and thank you for any ideas or advice.
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

dsrpmedia

Hello

Awesome plugin, I am having 2 small (I hope) issues

1) when trying to use the price modifier in the custom fieds page 'options' field as soon as I save the options are removed. when i add the same syntax to the custom fields options on the product page it works, but I was rather hoping to not have to add the same code over & over to all applicable products - is there a way to add the price modifier to the actual custom field main page options so that it is loaded whenever that custom field is added to a product?

2) there seems to be a 'maximum character' limit set somewhere - about 1/2 way through the list the text just... stops - where would I go to remove this restriction?

thanks again for a great plugin

AH

dsrpmedia

1) look at my post - Reply #494 - see if that works for your requirement
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

dsrpmedia

Hey Hudson - that was fast, thank you

I had just found you post and applied the solution - and it works as far as loading the preset options into the product specific options - (and also seemed to fix my problem with the text being cut off )

HOWEVER the price in the option no longer updates the product price (which was working before I changed the '|' to '@')

-------------------
lol there is a 2nd '|' which has to be changed to  '@' - it is working perfectly now!!!!

AH

8)

I see why you missed it :- huTson

LMAO
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0