News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

this can be done, but there are many people with the old params.

AH

Pro

Yes I realised that many will still use the old params and that overwriting would cause an issue.  Maybe you should release it as a "new" option.

I have got the code updates all done if you want me to send it to you.  I need the new settings, so will be using myself.

I did not want to clone your code and post it as my own as I believe that you deserve the plaudits and I think that the new option of price multiplier along with the ability to set the pricing variants up and have them included when you add the option to a product, could make it even more friendly!

It would be good to see this plugin functionality included in core, as it makes non stockable variants so much easier to configure!

Maybe Milbo or Alatak will take this under their wing :-)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindant

I'm having an issue; vmcustom dropbox is working fine in the product detail page, the price is being updated perfectly when a certain length and price of a product is selected.
But the price of the selected attribute doesn't show in VM cart module nor cart page although the attribute is showing.

Can anyone help me to fix this please?
I'm using:
J! 2.5.17
VM  2.0.24c

PRO

price of attribute? or the final price is not wrong?

the +10 will not show, BUT the final price does show correct.

there are many display options for prices in vmart .  discounts, vats etc.
if your final price is wrong it could be because of some configuration

lindant

I enabled/disabled options on the pricing configuration but nothing seems to get the final price displayed correctly in the cart module and the cart page.
attached is a screen shot of the pricing configuration page.

Please check the shop here http://galaxy5000.com/g5/shop/calibo-curly-detail

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

lindant

The override on the VM Templates configuration and on the Product Category layout configuration are all set to "No Override". i also tried to use the default layout and it didn't work.

PRO

Quote from: lindant on December 29, 2013, 14:09:34 PM
The override on the VM Templates configuration and on the Product Category layout configuration are all set to "No Override". i also tried to use the default layout and it didn't work.

looks to be overriden by your template
this is a layout override
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

lindant

I'm not sure i understood you, overriden by my template? but there is no folder in my template for virtuemart, there is no com_virtuemart folder located here (templates/yoo_drive/html)

I have only changed the button style (css) that's located in components/com_virtuemart and the scroller at the bottom is a module inserted into the description editor...

I read the topic you provided, created a com_virtuemart folder inside my template and copied all views folders, and changed the default template in the back-end configuration, for your Shop & category to my template default...

Still the same the cart final price isn't displaying correctly...

AH

The plugin works and many are grateful for PRO's creation of it.

It appears that you are having issues with your specific setup.

If you have a yoo theme template then you are probably getting javascript problems or issues relating to that.

Set the Beez Joomla template for a test, then try the plugin and see it working.

Then determine what variances you have in your current setup that may cause you an issue and sort those out.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

I believe that in Yoothemes the override files are in a different directory.
eg  [TEMPLATEPATH]/layouts/com_virtuemart/
or  site_root/templates/<your_template>/warp/systems/joomla/layouts/
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Cr3ativ3

Hi could anyone advise please?

J2.5.15
VM2.26a

I have installed and successfuly tested the VM Dropbox Plugin but i cannot seem to add price to any attributes. As soon as i use the vertical line "|" and hit save the Options table empties itself?
Live to ride, ride to live!
J2.5.27
J3.4.1
VM2.6.10
VM3.09

PRO

Quote from: Cr3ativ3 on January 03, 2014, 18:58:47 PM
Hi could anyone advise please?

J2.5.15
VM2.26a

I have installed and successfuly tested the VM Dropbox Plugin but i cannot seem to add price to any attributes. As soon as i use the vertical line "|" and hit save the Options table empties itself?

do it in the product

Cr3ativ3

HI thank you for your reply but i do not follow you?

In the plugin description you state you can add the avriables large,small, med (for example) then if you wish to add price you add large|=10,med|=15,small|=20 (for example)
If i add this into the field whereupon i add my attribute list as soon as i hit save the field empties itself and i cannot add the attribute?
Live to ride, ride to live!
J2.5.27
J3.4.1
VM2.6.10
VM3.09