News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dramstead

I just found that the bug seems to be related to specific characters in the syntax of the attributes. I had the additional cost in there correctly but the bug came with products that had (") in the attribute options. For example (waist size: 28",30",32" |+10) does not add the cost over to the cart. But products with out (") in the attributes worked properly so it seems that the quotation mark character causes a bug with this plugin. Is there any solution to this or will I just have to go through and take out all of the quotation marks in my drop downs?

koper

Product option like 'gift wrapped'
I would like to present my customers the option to 'gift wrap' each product, there are extra costs which need to be added to the product. I prefer a yes/no setup.
I have found a way to do this using teh dropbox, but then I get in trouble with the tax.
The extra costs are including tax, but must be entered excluding in the plugin. This way it is very confusing for my clients.
Do you have a solution for this?

PRO

Quote from: koper on June 26, 2013, 16:25:15 PM
Product option like 'gift wrapped'
I would like to present my customers the option to 'gift wrap' each product, there are extra costs which need to be added to the product. I prefer a yes/no setup.
I have found a way to do this using teh dropbox, but then I get in trouble with the tax.
The extra costs are including tax, but must be entered excluding in the plugin. This way it is very confusing for my clients.
Do you have a solution for this?

yes or no?

just use vmart native customfields, It will be much simpler to have the vat included when you want to

elfis

Hello

How to remove price from dropbox  ?(not in config but from front template)  (+100 , -100 , =100)
Thank you

PRO

Quote from: elfis on June 26, 2013, 21:44:22 PM
Hello

How to remove price from dropbox  ?(not in config but from front template)  (+100 , -100 , =100)
Thank you

open
plugins/vmcustom/drop/drop.php

change this
$text = $valueWithPrice[0].' ('.$op.$currency->priceDisplay((float)$price).')';

to this

$text = $valueWithPrice[0] ;

inside this function
function plgVmOnDisplayProductVariantFE

drukman2000

Hi Pro & all,

On page 6 of this post there is a problem dated back to 4/12 which I encountered today.

"when you add the same attributes multiple times it does not update the quantity but instead adds a second row".

Was it forgotten or it's too much to deal with ?

Thanks a lot - Drukman.

drukman2000

Quote from: Kristie on March 28, 2012, 16:33:37 PM
I was determined to get this working and make my life easier getting this site up. I have hundreds and hundreds of products with the majority having the same same custom drop down boxes. BanquetTables.pro's plugin is the bomb!
First I went in Virtuemart in the custom fields tab and created the 5 dropdown boxes and 1 customer text input field using BanquetTables.pro's plugin the way it is explained here. It worked perfectly!
Created the csv file and just repeated the entry for each of the custom title fields. I have attached the csv file for reference and also an image of the results.

Hi Kristie,
Are you using the paid version of CSVI ?
Thanks - Drukman.

PRO

Quote from: drukman2000 on July 07, 2013, 06:18:18 AM
Hi Pro & all,

On page 6 of this post there is a problem dated back to 4/12 which I encountered today.

"when you add the same attributes multiple times it does not update the quantity but instead adds a second row".

Thanks a lot - Drukman.

this is a "core" problem. with plugins

drukman2000

Quote from: PRO on July 07, 2013, 14:29:21 PM
Quote from: drukman2000 on July 07, 2013, 06:18:18 AM
Hi Pro & all,

Thanks a lot - Drukman.

this is a "core" problem. with plugins

You are 100% correct.
Just tested it with stockable (which is a plugin) and it happened again.
Isn't there a solution for this issue ? After all it's been around for 1.5 years.
Other options are Generic Child Variant which uses childs (no way !) and Cart variant that isn't using childs but has this ugly look of +5 +10 within the drop down.

Help !!! -))
Thanks - Drukman.

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: drukman2000 on July 07, 2013, 14:57:29 PM
Other options are Generic Child Variant which uses childs (no way !) and Cart variant that isn't using childs but has this ugly look of +5 +10 within the drop down.
So you could use childs, but have problem to manage them. So - what is your problem with childs?
Also you could use cart variants without childs. I'm sure it's possible to correct that not perfect look with pluses.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

drukman2000

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on July 07, 2013, 15:36:08 PM
Quote from: drukman2000 on July 07, 2013, 14:57:29 PM
So you could use childs, but have problem to manage them. So - what is your problem with childs?
Also you could use cart variants without childs. I'm sure it's possible to correct that not perfect look with pluses.
Drop keep things simple with as few products as possible.
Currently is either looking around for a plugin fix (and than going with Drop) OR looking around for a fix for the cart variant +5 +10 issue.
I prefer the 1st option buy my guess is that it's not an easy fix & that no own was able to fix it till now.
Hopefully I am wrong & someone will post a solution.
Thanks - Drukman.

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: drukman2000 on July 07, 2013, 15:44:07 PM
Drop keep things simple with ... OR looking around for a fix for the cart variant +5 +10 issue.
What is more simple for you?
1. Start personal challenge with childs some when
OR
2. Search this forum to find hack for pluses issue?
As for the 2. choice
Hopefully I am not wrong & someone will ALREADY posted a solution on this great forum.
You know it's not simple to keep in one head all fixes which were created during last 2 years.
Regards.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

drukman2000

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on July 07, 2013, 15:53:51 PM
Quote from: drukman2000 on July 07, 2013, 15:44:07 PM
Drop keep things simple with ... OR looking around for a fix for the cart variant +5 +10 issue.
What is more simple for you?
1. Start personal challenge with childs some when
OR
2. Search this forum to find hack for pluses issue?
As for the 2. choice
Hopefully I am not wrong & someone will ALREADY posted a solution on this great forum.
You know it's not simple to keep in one head all fixes which were created during last 2 years.
Regards.
It looks like a dead end.
I will go with Drop (love it !) & hopefully a solution for this long (forgotten ?) problem will rise soon.
Thanks - Drukman.

drukman2000

Hi,
I am using CSVI & it plays very well for ALL the product fields.
The only problem I face is with the dropbox fields which are not very common.
I am wondering if anyone had success with the next:

custom title is: A
The drop box selection seperated by coma should get the next value: s|=10,m|=20,b|=30

CSVI needs a tilda (~) between values so I tried: s|=10,~m|=20,~b|=30
Yet it is not working for me.
So if someone manage to make it work I would love to know how.

Thanks - Drukman.

PRO

Quote from: drukman2000 on July 14, 2013, 10:45:35 AM
Hi,
I am using CSVI & it plays very well for ALL the product fields.
The only problem I face is with the dropbox fields which are not very common.
I am wondering if anyone had success with the next:

custom title is: A
The drop box selection seperated by coma should get the next value: s|=10,m|=20,b|=30

CSVI needs a tilda (~) between values so I tried: s|=10,~m|=20,~b|=30
Yet it is not working for me.
So if someone manage to make it work I would love to know how.

Thanks - Drukman.

a ~   is not going to be needed

IF you can get it to work with CSVI

The dropbox selections are a stored as a single custom field