News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

betterlead

Quote from: PRO on June 04, 2013, 15:09:13 PM
Quote from: betterlead on June 04, 2013, 11:17:57 AM
Hi. Am I stupid or what? I can't find any place to download this plugin. Where?

Help..? );

http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-2-0-custom-field-dropbox-plugin

look at the link that says   "download url"

Haha! How could I miss that! Probably working too much,,, Ehrm ???
Thanks!
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

jochenwe

Hi, greta plugin. Just one question.
I need two indipendent dropboxes in the same product page (men's sizes and women's sizes), giving the choice to select only one box. Do you have any idea how this is possible? Do I need two cart buttons? And if so how?
Thanks,
Jochen

PRO

Quote from: jochenwe on June 05, 2013, 17:00:41 PM
Hi, greta plugin. Just one question.
I need two indipendent dropboxes in the same product page (men's sizes and women's sizes), giving the choice to select only one box. Do you have any idea how this is possible? Do I need two cart buttons? And if so how?
Thanks,
Jochen

souunds like you need to use child products

dramstead

One problem I am having with this plugin is with the price variant. When i select the attribute with an additional cost, the price is added correctly on the product details page. However, when i add it to the cart, it goes back to the original price and does not add the price variant to the cart on checkout.

I've read of this problem previously but haven't found a clear solution.

Virtuemart version 2.0.18a Joomla 2.5.6

Thanks.

PRO

Quote from: dramstead on June 14, 2013, 22:11:16 PM
One problem I am having with this plugin is with the price variant. When i select the attribute with an additional cost, the price is added correctly on the product details page. However, when i add it to the cart, it goes back to the original price and does not add the price variant to the cart on checkout.

Thanks.

are you using template overrides?

dramstead

Quote from: PRO on June 15, 2013, 01:22:47 AM

Thanks.

I just tested it with the default joomla templates and I still have the same problem so I don't think it is from template overrides.

frandevelop

Is it possible to display prices including tax in dropdown?

I have configured to display Virtuemart taxes included, but in the case of the drop are shown without them and are after calc.

Thanks

PRO

Quote from: dramstead on June 15, 2013, 21:01:58 PM

Thanks.

I just tested it with the default joomla templates and I still have the same problem so I don't think it is from template overrides.

I dont know anyone that has had this problem.

are you havoing add to cart problems other than this?

PRO

Quote from: frandevelop on June 16, 2013, 11:50:55 AM

I have configured to display Virtuemart taxes included, but in the case of the drop are shown without them and are after calc.

Thanks

are you using  +  , or = price?

dramstead

Quote from: PRO on June 16, 2013, 19:59:17 PM

Thanks.

No, no other add to cart problems that I have noticed.

However I have found a few products that do seem to work with the additional cost transferring to the cart properly.

Here is an example of a product that is not working:
http://shoplinegear.com/linegear/jupgrade/index.php/boots-a-foot-gear/boot-care-laces/white-s-boots-boot-laces-detail

Here is a product that is working (hard toe attribute is the one with additional cost):
http://shoplinegear.com/linegear/jupgrade/index.php/boots-a-foot-gear/white-s-boots/whites-boots-10-original-smoke-jumper-detail

Thanks

PRO

Thanks

do you have it checked in your pricing configuration?

PRO

Quote from: dramstead on June 17, 2013, 19:33:52 PM

Thanks.

However I have found a few products that do seem to work with the additional cost transferring to the cart properly.

http://shoplinegear.com/linegear/jupgrade/index.php/boots-a-foot-gear/boot-care-laces/white-s-boots-boot-laces-detail

Here is a product that is working (hard toe attribute is the one with additional cost):
http://shoplinegear.com/linegear/jupgrade/index.php/boots-a-foot-gear/white-s-boots/whites-boots-10-original-smoke-jumper-detail

Thanks

have you looked to make sure them syntax is correct in the comma separated values?

dramstead

Quote from: PRO on June 18, 2013, 02:41:00 AM
Quote from: dramstead on June 17, 2013, 19:33:52 PM

Thanks.

Thanks

have you looked to make sure them syntax is correct in the comma separated values?

I checked and the syntax seems to be correct. And, because the price changes on the product details page something is going right. I've done some testing and narrowed down which dropdowns work with price variants. I don't know why this would be the case but i have noticed that the only cart variants that are adding to the cart properly are ones where the second option in the list has an additional cost. For example, (Size: select,Large |+20) will add correctly but (Size: select,Small,Medium,Large |+20) will not work. When the price variant is towards the end of a list it will not work. It seems strange and I don't know why this would be the case.

frandevelop

Quote from: PRO on June 18, 2013, 02:39:44 AM

Thanks

Yes, in all products show tax, only products with dropbox field show in dropdown without tax: http://www. el bruguer. com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=57&virtuemart_category_id=5&Itemid=148&lang=cat

PRO

Quote from: frandevelop on June 18, 2013, 22:38:09 PM
Quote from: PRO on June 18, 2013, 02:39:44 AM

Thanks

Yes, in all products show tax, only products with dropbox field show in dropdown without tax: http://www. el bruguer. com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=57&virtuemart_category_id=5&Itemid=148&lang=cat

Ok, I have looked at the code,
It is straight text in the field.
I can see if I can change it to convert the text to the sales price