News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CROSP

Quote from: PRO on May 14, 2013, 18:39:26 PM
Quote from: CROSP on May 14, 2013, 15:03:07 PM
Quote from: PRO on May 13, 2013, 23:06:53 PM
Quote from: CROSP on May 13, 2013, 19:49:18 PM
Hi , thank u for hard work and great plugin. But  I have one problem . When I try to add price changing with the help |+ or |- and then press "Save" ,the field "Options" automaticly erases (gets empty).  Without price chanjing it works, but with - no. I have tried just to copy your example "Small,Medium |+5, Large |+10" , but got empty field too.
Mb , I do something wrong.
Thx for help in advance.
'

are you on the product page?

No , I am on "Custom Field" page.

it will not save there anymore.

it used to
Sorry , I don't understand for what is it used ?
How can I solve my problem .

PRO

Quote from: CROSP on May 16, 2013, 18:29:07 PM
Quote from: PRO on May 14, 2013, 18:39:26 PM
Quote from: CROSP on May 14, 2013, 15:03:07 PM
Quote from: PRO on May 13, 2013, 23:06:53 PM
Quote from: CROSP on May 13, 2013, 19:49:18 PM
Hi , thank u for hard work and great plugin. But  I have one problem . When I try to add price changing with the help |+ or |- and then press "Save" ,the field "Options" automaticly erases (gets empty).  Without price chanjing it works, but with - no. I have tried just to copy your example "Small,Medium |+5, Large |+10" , but got empty field too.
Mb , I do something wrong.
Thx for help in advance.
'

are you on the product page?

No , I am on "Custom Field" page.

it will not save there anymore.

it used to
Sorry , I don't understand for what is it used ?
How can I solve my problem .

It will save ALL options as long as they do not have price variants in the "custom field"

IF you have to do price variants,

You have to go to the actual product. then, apply the custom field. Then paste the tect into the dropbox.

CROSP

Ohh !! Thank U very much !!! It works GREAT !!!

bardossi

Dear PRO,

I would like to use your plugin in my printing related webshop, I would like to use it for setting up certain quantities and prices with '=':
For example:

Flyers
0 pcs - 0 $
100 pcs - 44 $
200 pcs - 28 $
etc.

The '=' works fine for me, I have got only one problem: I want my customers could buy only those quantities so if they select the quantity-price option from this custom field they should put this quantity into the cart when they click to the Addtocart button.

As I am not a coder I am asking you: is it realistic what I would like to create or should leave my idea and try something else? What I want is to have a quantity drop down with preset quantities and each quantity should have a unit price.

I really do appreciate your help, thank you.

PRO

Quote from: bardossi on May 19, 2013, 15:17:33 PM
Dear PRO,

I would like to use your plugin in my printing related webshop, I would like to use it for setting up certain quantities and prices with '=':
For example:

Flyers
0 pcs - 0 $
100 pcs - 44 $
200 pcs - 28 $
etc.

The '=' works fine for me, I have got only one problem: I want my customers could buy only those quantities so if they select the quantity-price option from this custom field they should put this quantity into the cart when they click to the Addtocart button.

As I am not a coder I am asking you: is it realistic what I would like to create or should leave my idea and try something else? What I want is to have a quantity drop down with preset quantities and each quantity should have a unit price.

I really do appreciate your help, thank you.

yea its doable.

you just have to hide the original quantity box

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95926.0

bardossi

Thanks for your reply.
My quantity box is hidden but when I click to the Addtocart button, it put only 1 product into the cart.
I assume the problem that the value is set to 1 after the min_order_level condition. Do I have to look for some variable?

Here is the code: <span class="quantity-box">
<input type="hidden" class="quantity-input js-recalculate" name="quantity[]" value="<?php if (isset($this->product->min_order_level) && (int)$this->product->min_order_level 0) {
echo $this->product->min_order_level;
} else {
echo '1';
?>
"/>
    </span>

PRO

Quote from: bardossi on May 19, 2013, 21:41:11 PM
Thanks for your reply.
My quantity box is hidden but when I click to the Addtocart button, it put only 1 product into the cart.
I assume the problem that the value is set to 1 after the min_order_level condition. Do I have to look for some variable?

Here is the code: <span class="quantity-box">
<input type="hidden" class="quantity-input js-recalculate" name="quantity[]" value="<?php if (isset($this->product->min_order_level) && (int)$this->product->min_order_level 0) {
echo $this->product->min_order_level;
} else {
echo '1';
?>
"/>
    </span>

I thought you wanted to use the dropbox for the quantity?

bardossi

Yes, I want it to use for the quantity, sorry if I was confusing. Please find attached two screenshot, about using the dropbox plugin, one for frontend and the other is the backend. So my idea: the customer select the quantity where there is a price belonging to this quantity and when clicking to 'Add to cart' button, this quantity should be added to the cart.
As I read everything, the dropbox plugin should be used as a custom field (see attached the backend) but I do not know how should I handle the quantity, sorry, I may be on the wrong track.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

bardossi

Yes, it is working, I have not tried its every option, only "=", it does what it has to. But only '1' pcs is going to the cart.

PRO

Quote from: bardossi on May 20, 2013, 17:04:05 PM
Yes, it is working, I have not tried its every option, only "=", it does what it has to. But only '1' pcs is going to the cart.

if you want it to actually change the REAL quantity its not going to

HG

one issue the content do not update automatically if it's changed from the custom field area...you have to manually go to the item, erase the field and then re-add it...

Its the plugin because if you update the name VM updates that automatically but the options added in dropbox will not......hope this can be fixed in the future..

PRO

Quote from: HG on June 02, 2013, 17:48:39 PM
one issue the content do not update automatically if it's changed from the custom field area...you have to manually go to the item, erase the field and then re-add it...

Its the plugin because if you update the name VM updates that automatically but the options added in dropbox will not......hope this can be fixed in the future..

this cannot be fixed without storing the data in a separate component

betterlead

Hi. Am I stupid or what? I can't find any place to download this plugin. Where?

Help..? );
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

PRO

Quote from: betterlead on June 04, 2013, 11:17:57 AM
Hi. Am I stupid or what? I can't find any place to download this plugin. Where?

Help..? );

http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-2-0-custom-field-dropbox-plugin

look at the link that says   "download url"