News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wemblystiggs

Hi, have an issue with this, when I create a colour custom field using this, works great, shows on the product page, has all the information in I need etc, however, when I add to cart I just see the attribute title, and not the colour picked.

I am on Virtuemart 2.0.6 and cannot upgrade as it borks the template and the template company who installed it refuse to do anything about it...

Is there a work around or a fix that will enable the attribute to display correctly in cart?

Thanks

PRO

Quote from: wemblystiggs on August 23, 2012, 12:40:16 PM
Hi, have an issue with this, when I create a colour custom field using this, works great, shows on the product page, has all the information in I need etc, however, when I add to cart I just see the attribute title, and not the colour picked.

I am on Virtuemart 2.0.6 and cannot upgrade as it borks the template and the template company who installed it refuse to do anything about it...

Is there a work around or a fix that will enable the attribute to display correctly in cart?

Thanks

only way I know is upgrading

wemblystiggs

Yeah, thought that would be the answer, I have however found a way with CSVI that is really easy... So if anyone is stuck on 2.0.6 like me then drop me a pm and I can let you know. Thanks for the quick response :)

Xeshly

Hi,
In the "Drop Box Selections seperated comma." may be entered in a maximum of 255 characters.
What can I do to be able to enter more characters in this field, for example, 500

acuweb

Quote from: PRO on July 09, 2012, 19:21:22 PM
Quote from: woogygun on July 09, 2012, 12:51:13 PM
Hi Guys

Im having trouble getting this plugin to work.

Im on Joomla 2.5.6 and virtuemart 2.0.6

The drop down appears as it should. When you choose a variant and add it to the cart it just shows the plugin name in the cart and not the option that was selected.

link here: 41.134.149.34/~hourcard

Quote from: lbmessick on July 09, 2012, 04:13:11 AM
VM version 2.0.6.   Any ideas??

There was a vmart version that had problems with it, I think you need to upgrade to the latest.

BACKUP BEFORE you upgrade

I had 2.0.6 and it didnt work, I updated to 2.0.10 and it works awesome now. Thanks for the awesome plugin Pro, you've helped a lot of people with this.

Ffragrances

Thanks so much for this plugin. Believe me I get it. In VM 1.x, I used to just have a list and go directly to the MySQL and paste them in each product. That took some time, but it was quicker than having to do it all manually for each product. This is simple and very effective. I just migrated to VM 2 and was trying to figure out how to do it in MySQL, but was unable to find it as attributes no longer exist.

I sell candles. I only have about 16 different types and sizes, but I have nearly 100 scents.. Try doing all those manually!

Wonderful little plugin, and thank you for creating it. Excellent work.

Thanks again................. :)

matore

If you have a blank screen during installation of these plugins, uninstall Akeeba component and try again.

PRO

Quote from: matore on September 13, 2012, 11:41:06 AM
If you have a blank screen during installation of these plugins, uninstall Akeeba component and try again.

no dont do that.

For J2.5
Just unzip, and FTP the files over, then use the "discover" feature

jthrongard

I'm sorry to bring back and old topic but I really need help with solving this problem.

You see my shop has a) MANY products and b) the price for this product variant custom field changes on a daily basis.

We want to use the Dropbox plugin to, on a weekly basis, enter in the new prices in ONE location only and then the plugin would show those new prices throughout each product that has the custom field enabled. 

Is there NO trick (even a hack) that can be done to make this work?
Quote from: PRO on June 19, 2012, 18:53:37 PM
Quote from: freshwebservices on June 19, 2012, 17:06:57 PM
Hi,
I'm having a frustrating issue getting this plugin to work. This is probably my lack of understanding . Here's what I'm trying to do:
1) Apply the same set of options to various products
2) Depending upon the option selected the price should be +/-

So, I've created a custom field of type: Plugin - VMCustom - Dropbox
Set it to be Cart Attribute
Set the options to be: General Waste,Soil and Bricks|-5,Soil Only| -5,Bricks Only| -10, Metal| -25,Cardboard| -25

When I save it the options are not saved  :(

So, within my product I add the custom field & enter the option values there:

These then appear on the front end, but selecting one of them does not update the price.

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks & much appreciated,

Eddie

J! 2.5.4
VM 2.0.6
Php 5.2.16

The "template" will not save the +20   etc.

It stopped doing that a while back.

It5 will only save

red,Greeen,Yellow

If you want to do the same attributes with variations in price.

Create an empty one,

copy and past into the product
Small Business Joomla! Website Design - Simple CMS Design
http://www.simplecmsdesign.com

PRO

Quote from: jthrongard on September 18, 2012, 22:16:36 PM

Is there NO trick (even a hack) that can be done to make this work?

well,

This plugin isnt really designed like that.

a "trick", have you tried updating the values with CSV improved?

Or, doing it via sql?

The "right" way would be to create a "component", where you store the values of the template.

Then, in the plugin, you query the database for the values.

The component could be created easily using   http://www.notwebdesign.com/joomla-component-creator/

But the plugin would take some coding.

PolishedGeek

@jthrongard - we have an idea of how to do this, and it will be in one place that you can update each day as you wish, and have it automatically flow through to the product pages. We would do this with an embedded Breezing Form in your product details that will also impact the price calculation.  I don't want to hijack this dropbox plugin thread with all the details of how that would work, so contact me and I'll provide more details.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

razor7

Hi, can I use percentage values instead of fixed ones?
MGS Creativa - VirtueMart Payment Plugin Experts
http://www.mgscreativa.com

Take a look at our downloads section for VirtueMart payment plugins and mouch more!
http://www.mgscreativa.com/en/online-store

PRO

Quote from: razor7 on October 01, 2012, 16:18:24 PM
Hi, can I use percentage values instead of fixed ones?

not standard out of the box

PolishedGeek

You could do it with our method, with a Breezing Forms Custom Fields integration in VM2.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

Andre72

Hi,

at first many thanks for that great work.

One issue to drop.php - in plgVmOnDisplayProductVariantFE you check for $valueWithPrice[1] and if is set you get $price = substr($valueWithPrice[1], 1).
I had some problems with this as I not in any case use a operator so I changed it to:

$op = $valueWithPrice[1][0];
if ($op == '+' || $op == '-')
    $price = substr($valueWithPrice[1], 1) ;
else
{
    $op = '';
    $price = $valueWithPrice[1];
}

Than I like to ask you what license do you you publish the Dropbox?

Thanks

Andre