News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woogygun

Hi Guys

Im having trouble getting this plugin to work.

Im on Joomla 2.5.6 and virtuemart 2.0.6

The drop down appears as it should. When you choose a variant and add it to the cart it just shows the plugin name in the cart and not the option that was selected.

link here: 41.134.149.34/~hourcard

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

Quote from: woogygun on July 09, 2012, 12:51:13 PM
Hi Guys

Im having trouble getting this plugin to work.

Im on Joomla 2.5.6 and virtuemart 2.0.6

The drop down appears as it should. When you choose a variant and add it to the cart it just shows the plugin name in the cart and not the option that was selected.

link here: 41.134.149.34/~hourcard

Quote from: lbmessick on July 09, 2012, 04:13:11 AM
VM version 2.0.6.   Any ideas??

There was a vmart version that had problems with it, I think you need to upgrade to the latest.

BACKUP BEFORE you upgrade

muldeer

Solved problem by upgrade from 2.06 to  vm 2.08c

lbmessick

I upgraded to VM version 2.0.8 but still cannot see the chosen attributes in the cart.  Would a jquery conflict prevent this??  Thanks.

PRO

Quote from: lbmessick on July 10, 2012, 21:00:38 PM
I upgraded to VM version 2.0.8 but still cannot see the chosen attributes in the cart.  Would a jquery conflict prevent this??  Thanks.

no

rvbgnu

Hi BanquetTables.pro,

Thank you for your work on this plugin (and in general for VM!).
I am struggling having custom field displayed in a multi-lingual shop. I have tried a lot of solutions, but at no avail yet. Using language override for custom fields (name and value) is working in front end (cart display, checkout, order history, ...) EXCEPT in the product detail page, the most important one for the customer.

Will it work with your plugin?
If not, do you know where/how the drop down list is built?
I really want to tackle this issue, so if you have nay hints, pointers, and/or if we can work together, let me know, please.

Kind regards.
Best Regards, Hervé Boinnard - Irish Time (GMT)
Joomla! multilingual website and online business made easy - https://www.puma-it.ie

3D Secure v1 (3DS1) & Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)! Stripe.com payment plugin for VirtueMart 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/stripe-for-virtuemart
Authipay (AIB Merchant Services) for VirtueMart 2 & 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/authipay-aib-merchant-services-for-virtuemart

PRO

Quote from: rvbgnu on July 12, 2012, 11:49:56 AM
Hi BanquetTables.pro,

I am struggling having custom field displayed in a multi-lingual shop. I have tried a lot of solutions, but at no avail yet. Using language override for custom fields (name and value) is working in front end (cart display, checkout, order history, ...) EXCEPT in the product detail page, the most important one for the customer.

I really want to tackle this issue, so if you have nay hints, pointers, and/or if we can work together, let me know, please.

Kind regards.

I dont know if this will work,

and do you men where the dropdown is built in MY plugin?

if so, yes

drop.php

edcv

If I add something to the cart and then go to some other page than the virtuemart site this error shows up:
Fatal error: Class 'VmTable' not found in htdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmcustomplugin.php on line 92

I also get the following warning:
Warning: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in htdocs/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 91

Any idea for a solution?

PRO

Quote from: edcv on July 12, 2012, 13:41:11 PM

Any idea for a solution?

you should always turn off error reporting on live sites,

Joomla and vmart have THOUSANDS of files, and there are always errors,

i dont know if thats the solution, you want, but will make the error go away

edcv

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on July 12, 2012, 14:52:03 PM

That is true the Warning will for sure go away. But the fatal error will probably not :)
Fatal error: Class 'VmTable' not found in htdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/plugins/vmcustomplugin.php on line 92

edcv

Quote from: edcv on July 12, 2012, 15:30:52 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on July 12, 2012, 14:52:03 PM

That is true the Warning will for sure go away. But the fatal error will probably not :)

Ok I think I have found the "error". I was upgrading and I did not delete the custom field from the virtuemart.
So after deleting the custom field and then creating it again everything seems to work fine.
Thanks BanquetTables.pro and I really appreciate your input in this forum, it has been very helpfull ( also in multiple other posts :)

GuiXR

Does this also work for changing the images of the product when they select a different color from the drop down?

So that when they select, BLACK, the product image gets swapped from the original to BLACK, or RED, etc..

Thanks!

PRO

Quote from: GuiXR on July 17, 2012, 23:42:50 PM
Does this also work for changing the images of the product when they select a different color from the drop down?

So that when they select, BLACK, the product image gets swapped from the original to BLACK, or RED, etc..

Thanks!

no,

I think you need to do child products for that

rvbgnu

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on July 12, 2012, 12:58:11 PM
Quote from: rvbgnu on July 12, 2012, 11:49:56 AM
Hi BanquetTables.pro,

Kind regards.

I dont know if this will work,

and do you men where the dropdown is built in MY plugin?

if so, yes

drop.php

I was struggling with the Jtext method and the JHtml:select.genericlist, but nearly get it work with language constants instead of regular values (for example JYES, wich is "Yes" in the English language file, "Oui" in the French one, etc...)

That means that one can input as option list:
SIZE_BABY_06,SIZE_BABY_12,SIZE_BABY_18,SIZE_BABY_24
and put the corresponding value in the language override (Language Manager > Override > select installed languages)  8)

From drop.php, I just added two JText call:
- line 100:
$html  .= '<span>'.JText::_($myparams->custom_drop_name).' ';
- line 105:
$html .=$separator.JText::_($item['custom_drop']).'</span>';

The last thing is to make it work with price variant, and I am sure you will find it quickly:
How to isolate only the beginning of the string, before the price modifier (|+5) after line 51?
This part will need another JText, and that's it!

Hope we can find it soon  ;)
Joomla! multilingual website and online business made easy - https://www.puma-it.ie

3D Secure v1 (3DS1) & Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)! Stripe.com payment plugin for VirtueMart 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/stripe-for-virtuemart
Authipay (AIB Merchant Services) for VirtueMart 2 & 3: https://www.puma-it.ie/en/joomla-and-virtuemart-extensions/authipay-aib-merchant-services-for-virtuemart

rvbgnu

Hi BanquetTables.pro,

How can we sort the dropbox plugin when there are two or more? Actually I use up to three dropbox plugin in my products' custom fields, but I cannot figure out how to have them in the same order. Sometimes on "Save" VM2 reverses the order (the last one added become the first one displayed), and sometimes not... I would like a way to display them always in the same order (for example: colour, size, gift wrap). Any hints?