News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: hollowGod on June 24, 2012, 09:55:04 AM
Hi BanquetTables.pro,

is it possible to get the plugin to warn you or not let you add product to cart before you have changed value in the dropbox?
i.e. if I have the values : --Select--,XXL,XL,L,M .. it would promt the customer to change size if they click add to cart without selecting size first..

How is the default value supposed to work ? I set it to L, but in my product page I still see --Select-- as first value. I tried with XXL,XL,L,M but same result.

Thanks for a great plugin.

regards,

hollowGod

as for the check to see if one is selected, the plugin would have to be modified to to a javascript check. I dont know java

"
How is the default value supposed to work ? I set it to L, but in my product page I still see --Select-- as first value. I tried with XXL,XL,L,M but same result."

I dont understand this

hollowGod

thanks for the answer , well I don't know Java either :)

QuoteI dont understand this

In the plugin settings , you have options like cart attribute, description then default.
I thought it was to let the dropbox choose a default value , so I put it to "L" , but it was still XXL in my product page.

hollowGod

PRO

Quote from: hollowGod on June 24, 2012, 22:02:19 PM
thanks for the answer , well I don't know Java either :)

QuoteI dont understand this

In the plugin settings , you have options like cart attribute, description then default.
I thought it was to let the dropbox choose a default value , so I put it to "L" , but it was still XXL in my product page.

hollowGod

the default would go WAY down in the bottom box

ERNIK

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on June 20, 2012, 22:37:02 PM
Quote from: ERNIK on June 20, 2012, 21:59:52 PM
Tried it. That new version of customfields.php did not allow any custom field to be added to the product.  (VM 2.0.6 installed and J! 2.5.5).

I was not talking to you with that post

Quote from: ERNIK on June 20, 2012, 00:41:43 AM
Hi BanquetTables.pro,

As you may already know, your custom field plug-in is awesome but something broke it. 

I don't know if it was J2.5.5 or VM2.0.6 but the item chosen from the custom drop down list just doesn't show up in the cart.  I installed your plug-in today without problems and works as per your instructions except for that detail on the shopping cart.

Is there a possible solution to this?  I hope so, please update us. 

Thanks,

ERNIK

ALSO:::::I am using J2.5.5 + Vmart 2.07

What do you mean? Is it working fine with 2.0.7?

PRO

Quote from: ERNIK on June 25, 2012, 17:51:15 PM
Tried it. That new version of customfields.php did not allow any custom field to be added to the product.  (VM 2.0.6 installed and J! 2.5.5).

Hi BanquetTables.pro,

As you may already know, your custom field plug-in is awesome but something broke it. 

I don't know if it was J2.5.5 or VM2.0.6 but the item chosen from the custom drop down list just doesn't show up in the cart.  I installed your plug-in today without problems and works as per your instructions except for that detail on the shopping cart.

Thanks,

ERNIK

I mean it has never stopped working for me

cino_power

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the plugin. I was looking for something like that for day.

Just one question. How can I make that changing the option in the dropbox the picture of the product change too. I mean, in a T-shirt shop, I have a custom fields "Colors", with red, blue and green option. When a change de red to blue, how it can change the image of the T-shirt(a T-shirt in blue)?

I don't know if you can help me... Anyway, thank you!!

dsrpmedia

I used the 'generic child variant' to get this behavior (showing variant specific images & descriptions when a variant is selected from the drop box)

Xeshly

And is it possible to effect that change color in the drop box, for example, green (main thumbnail) to pink (small thumbnail), changed main photo thumbnails Product Details View.
Thanks for the nice add-on.

cino_power

Thank you for the answer!!

@dsrpmedia: but then, you need a child for every color of the T-shirt(in my example)... but it can be usefull for others products. Anyway, I don't know how to do that. Can you explain, plaese?

@Xeshly: Can you explain how to do the thumbnail change? Thank you!

Xeshly

Sory I use google translator.
It would be a question whether it is possible to achieve this effect with the change of thumbnails when you choose a color.

Link to the demo Virtuemart with these thumbnails: http://demo.virtuemart.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_default.tpl&product_id=20&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=6

neveryonas

Is there a way to be able to do a multiple select for this dropbox? Where would I go to add the multiple to the select?

ERNIK

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on June 26, 2012, 11:41:50 AM
Quote from: ERNIK on June 25, 2012, 17:51:15 PM

Hi BanquetTables.pro,

Thanks,

ERNIK

I mean it has never stopped working for me

Finally works for me, using J! 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8a
Thanks again for this great plug-in!.

lbmessick

I have installed the plugin successfully I believe.  I can add attributes and choose them when selecting products.  However I get an error when updating SQL and the attribute selection does not show up in cart only the titles.  Any ideas??  I am using Joomla 2.5 and virtuemart 2.0.x  Thanks.

PRO

Quote from: lbmessick on July 08, 2012, 07:14:16 AM
I have installed the plugin successfully I believe.  I can add attributes and choose them when selecting products.  However I get an error when updating SQL and the attribute selection does not show up in cart only the titles.  Any ideas??  I am using Joomla 2.5 and virtuemart 2.0.x  Thanks.

what version of 2.0?

lbmessick