News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimbukhari

Quote from: kimbukhari on April 28, 2012, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 26, 2012, 12:38:49 PM
Quote from: kimbukhari on April 25, 2012, 23:32:50 PM
Guys.... Please help me! No one responding to my question. I need to remove the Label "Price" and its value "Free" which appears after each of the dropbox field. How to do this? Please help me! For God sake.....  :'( Please see the attached screen shot

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=93360.0

Thanks Dear, finally I am able to remove the "free" value against Price. You are really a "Hero" member :)
One thing more i would like to ask. I created a parent and child field and applied to a product, I got an error message and my site didn't loaded. Please see the attached screen shot and advice what mistake i have made in creating the dropdown field using your plugin.

Regards,

Kim

Please respond..........

PRO

Quote from: kimbukhari on April 28, 2012, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 26, 2012, 12:38:49 PM
Quote from: kimbukhari on April 25, 2012, 23:32:50 PM
Guys.... Please help me! No one responding to my question. I need to remove the Label "Price" and its value "Free" which appears after each of the dropbox field. How to do this? Please help me! For God sake.....  :'( Please see the attached screen shot

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=93360.0

Thanks Dear, finally I am able to remove the "free" value against Price. You are really a "Hero" member :)
One thing more i would like to ask. I created a parent and child field and applied to a product, I got an error message and my site didn't loaded. Please see the attached screen shot and advice what mistake i have made in creating the dropdown field using your plugin.

Regards,

Kim

what you mean "parent and child field"   ?

a "group" of fields?

kimbukhari

Yes I mean to say group of fields, then i got the error message what i attached previously.

PRO

Quote from: kimbukhari on May 04, 2012, 20:27:32 PM
Yes I mean to say group of fields, then i got the error message what i attached previously.

I dont think you can group plugins

domin8tor24

Again, great plug in making it easy. I haven't installed the latest version as I like the use of the title to be the first option in the list, however is there a way to remove the "add $xx" after the price. The change in price is fine, however I can see from a customer standpoint that the say, "add $10" means that they would need to add another $10 onto the price had they not seen the price change.
Thanks!

PRO

Quote from: domin8tor24 on May 07, 2012, 05:40:26 AM
Again, great plug in making it easy. I haven't installed the latest version as I like the use of the title to be the first option in the list, however is there a way to remove the "add $xx" after the price. The change in price is fine, however I can see from a customer standpoint that the say, "add $10" means that they would need to add another $10 onto the price had they not seen the price change.
Thanks!

The newest version has a security fix

and as far as a way, yes thats possible.

I will not do it though, because I dont want mine to be that way.

Giannis86

Hello BanquetTables.pro and everyone contributing in this thread,

thank you for this plugin. Great time saver so far.

I have a question though. The additional price in the dropbox that is shown is without tax. Is it possible to make it display the extra price with tax instead?
The option price does get updated normally in the total price (product + option + tax) but it would be nice if the customer could see the total price for the option itself with tax. It would avoid a lot of confusion.

Here is a link as an example
http://www.stunning-corals.nl/testsite/index.php/webshop/pompen/opvoerpompen/red-dragon-6000-detail

The price for the option "Met Antikalk bypass" that i shown is 66.39. This is the price without 19% tax. Is it possible to make it display 79 (the price including tax).

I hope you can help me out.

Once again thank you for the plugin

Ioannis

lipes

Hi. I've just did a simples test in one Product by adding a Custom Field with +10 to the default price: 20
In Product Details Page works perfect 20 + 10 = 30 and price auto updates...

But when i click in popup to do the checkout and go to the Cart page... i cant see that Custom Field Price in the Product ...

The product have the default price value "20" and not the correct value of 30 .....

But i dont know if the problem is from the plugin or from anything else, can you help me please ?!
Tks
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

PRO

Quote from: lipes on May 18, 2012, 00:35:52 AM

But i dont know if the problem is from the plugin or from anything else, can you help me please ?!
Tks

sounds like an override in the cart, it works for me

lipes

even if was an override in cart file....
i've changed the folder name of my_template/html/com_virtuemart  to com_virtuemarrtt
to close all overrides and it still the same
in product details works... but there is no price update in the Product Cart checkout Table...
Only the default price and taxes...

i've also did like you said in your great website ....
With No Overrides (Zero because i've changed the folder name)!
with the same example: Small,Medium| +5,Large| +10
everything works on Product Details page.... i«ve selected Large (+5)... but when i click in 'Add to cart' buton and go to checkout page... i see that the price doesnt change :-\
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

CMYKreative

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I need to update the DB, but can't get it to do it properly.

In the instructions, it says:

update jos_virtuemart_product_customfields set custom_param=replace(custom_param,'+','|+')
update jos_virtuemart_product_customfields set custom_param=replace(custom_param,'-','|-')

How do I get this to run?

kimbukhari

Dear Technical Guys,

I am also having the same situation, rather a little worst!

1- When I use the pipe "|" sign to add amont option, on saving all the values disappears and the dropdown becomes empty.
2- If I do not use "|" sign instead i just use +25, It adds up into the discount amount and shows a change and increases already discounted amount but the original/offered price do not changes.

Please advice as I am just on the edge of getting my site up but hanging due to this flaw :'(

Regards,

Kimbukhari

PRO

Quote from: CMYKreative on May 18, 2012, 05:59:43 AM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I need to update the DB, but can't get it to do it properly.

In the instructions, it says:

update jos_virtuemart_product_customfields set custom_param=replace(custom_param,'+','|+')
update jos_virtuemart_product_customfields set custom_param=replace(custom_param,'-','|-')

How do I get this to run?

jos_    you need to change the jos to YOUR table prefix

PRO

Quote from: lipes on May 18, 2012, 04:43:29 AM
even if was an override in cart file....
i've changed the folder name of my_template/html/com_virtuemart  to com_virtuemarrtt
to close all overrides and it still the same
in product details works... but there is no price update in the Product Cart checkout Table...
Only the default price and taxes...

i've also did like you said in your great website ....
With No Overrides (Zero because i've changed the folder name)!
with the same example: Small,Medium| +5,Large| +10
everything works on Product Details page.... i«ve selected Large (+5)... but when i click in 'Add to cart' buton and go to checkout page... i see that the price doesnt change :-\

what happens when you enable all price fields? in price configuration?

PRO

Quote from: kimbukhari on May 18, 2012, 07:46:28 AM
Dear Technical Guys,

I am also having the same situation, rather a little worst!

1- When I use the pipe "|" sign to add amont option, on saving all the values disappears and the dropdown becomes empty.
2- If I do not use "|" sign instead i just use +25, It adds up into the discount amount and shows a change and increases already discounted amount but the original/offered price do not changes.

Please advice as I am just on the edge of getting my site up but hanging due to this flaw :'(

Regards,

Kimbukhari

The price modifier can only be done on the "product level"

Here
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/images/files/custom-field.png

^^^ You can only do the "comma separated list"

INSIDE the product you do
Red,Green,Blue|+5,Yellow