News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrik60

QuoteRed,Blue|10,Yellow|-20,Purple

To me it's not working this way. Options in the options field always are deleted after saving. May be the | is not accepted.

I need to go to the customfield tab of a product, and after choosing the custom field type  to write it directly into the "Drop Box Selections seperated by comma" field.

PRO

Quote from: patbe60 on April 26, 2012, 16:13:13 PM
QuoteRed,Blue|10,Yellow|-20,Purple

To me it's not working this way. Options in the options field always are deleted after saving. May be the | is not accepted.

I need to go to the customfield tab of a product, and after choosing the custom field type  to write it directly into the "Drop Box Selections seperated by comma" field.

Yes the "template" will only save

Red,Blue,Green etc.

for price variations, you have to edit the actual product custom field.

I do not know why, I have looked into this.

patrik60

patrik60

Check also the update of this topic. I tried it with the drop box plugin. Only the first value works with language string. it will be translated perfectly, for the following values only the language strings are visible.

Link: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96758.msg318220#msg318220

kimbukhari

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 26, 2012, 12:38:49 PM
Quote from: kimbukhari on April 25, 2012, 23:32:50 PM
Guys.... Please help me! No one responding to my question. I need to remove the Label "Price" and its value "Free" which appears after each of the dropbox field. How to do this? Please help me! For God sake.....  :'( Please see the attached screen shot

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=93360.0

Thanks for the thread but again a problem :( I am unable to find that .ini file in overrides folder as there is only file "index.html"... What to do???

KB

PRO

Quote from: kimbukhari on April 26, 2012, 23:45:23 PM
Guys.... Please help me! No one responding to my question. I need to remove the Label "Price" and its value "Free" which appears after each of the dropbox field. How to do this? Please help me! For God sake.....  :'( Please see the attached screen shot

Thanks for the thread but again a problem :( I am unable to find that .ini file in overrides folder as there is only file "index.html"... What to do???

KB

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0

marcof

Hello everybody, I have a question:

I want to create several dropboxes for different features, for example: colour, size..etc..
BUT, I have different sets of sizes, and different sets of colours. But nomatter which article, I just want to call it 'Size' or 'Colour'

If I do that, the plugin creates a unique code which is useless in the frontend.

My guess would be: use the Custom Dropbox Title and call it 'Size' or 'Colour', and give the custom created field a name so you can recognize which set of sizes or colours it is. However: the Custom Dropbox Title is not overriding the Title field, so in the frondend I get useless (long) names or I have to try all my newly created custom fields as I cannot properly name them.

Hope you understand what I mean, summary: Is the Custom Dropbox Title supposed to override the original title and if so, why does it not work? Help!

PRO

Quote from: marcof on April 27, 2012, 17:37:00 PM
Hello everybody, I have a question:

I want to create several dropboxes for different features, for example: colour, size..etc..
BUT, I have different sets of sizes, and different sets of colours. But nomatter which article, I just want to call it 'Size' or 'Colour'

If I do that, the plugin creates a unique code which is useless in the frontend.

My guess would be: use the Custom Dropbox Title and call it 'Size' or 'Colour', and give the custom created field a name so you can recognize which set of sizes or colours it is. However: the Custom Dropbox Title is not overriding the Title field, so in the frondend I get useless (long) names or I have to try all my newly created custom fields as I cannot properly name them.

Hope you understand what I mean, summary: Is the Custom Dropbox Title supposed to override the original title and if so, why does it not work? Help!

ONCE, you create a

YOU use the SAME one, BUT just change it.

I create a

Color
Red,Blue,Green,Yellow   

etc.   THEN, go to all the products that have that exact color set. and apply them.
THEN: that color set is saved for THE PRODUCT.

THEN, I go back and change the same custom field to

Purple,Pink,Orange

and then apply it to the products that have those colors.

You can change the picture below after you have applied it to products, WITHOUT it changing the products it has been applied to.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

kimbukhari

Thanks Dear, finally I am able to remove the "free" value against Price. You are really a "Hero" member :)
One thing more i would like to ask. I created a parent and child field and applied to a product, I got an error message and my site didn't loaded. Please see the attached screen shot and advice what mistake i have made in creating the dropdown field using your plugin.

Regards,

Kim

[attachment cleanup by admin]

marcof

Thans BTP, but it sounds impossible to fill my shop like that.

We sell clothes and shoes from different manufacturers, each with its own line, and in that line, different colours and sizes. So, if from brand A I want to add a product, I have to create a set of colours, go back to the custom fields, create a size set, back to the product, apply... Next article from the same brand has a different set of colours..

I have to add 2000 articles...

marcof

Is'nt it easier to make the Dropbox Title override the title field at the front end in the shop? Then we can create all sets of sizes and colours with different names and publish them instantly while creating a product, and showing the attribute name we want!

PRO

Quote from: marcof on April 29, 2012, 11:00:12 AM
Is'nt it easier to make the Dropbox Title override the title field at the front end in the shop? Then we can create all sets of sizes and colours with different names and publish them instantly while creating a product, and showing the attribute name we want!

^^^

u can do this as well

marcof

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 29, 2012, 14:27:58 PM

^^^

u can do this as well

Tell me how!! :-)

PRO

Quote from: marcof on April 29, 2012, 15:32:21 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 29, 2012, 14:27:58 PM

^^^

u can do this as well

Tell me how!! :-)

Actually, I just checked and its not like this anymore.

It was like that.

I had to pay someone to fix some issues with it, and some things changed.

marcof

Ow...maybe a little change but it has some serious consequences... :-(

Is there anyway to restore this option?? I think it is essential for a proper functionality of virtuemart!