News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: edcv on April 18, 2012, 18:40:50 PM
Bonus question:
Does anyone know why there is a limit on the number of characters I can put in the attributes on the product level?

It works fine to add inf number of characters in the custom field but when I try to change them on the product level I can only remove characters until I'm below certain number.

how many characters?

http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/charcount.shtml

mike_9000

Sounds really good. How might I download your plugin, please.

If I click on the attachment at the top of the first post in this thread, It links to the same page, rather than to a file.

Rgds
Mike
You're only young once - but you can be immature for ever...

PRO

Quote from: mike_9000 on April 18, 2012, 20:17:43 PM
Sounds really good. How might I download your plugin, please.

If I click on the attachment at the top of the first post in this thread, It links to the same page, rather than to a file.

Rgds
Mike

There is a link in first post

kimbukhari

After going to the Product edit page and removing "0" value from the custom field, it is still showing the same label after the field. :(

Please advice something!!!

Regards,

Kim

edcv

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 18, 2012, 18:47:06 PM
Quote from: edcv on April 18, 2012, 18:40:50 PM
Bonus question:
Does anyone know why there is a limit on the number of characters I can put in the attributes on the product level?

It works fine to add inf number of characters in the custom field but when I try to change them on the product level I can only remove characters until I'm below certain number.

how many characters?

http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/charcount.shtml

. . . not sure where it is set though

PRO

Quote from: Monchi on April 19, 2012, 14:43:37 PM
If you want to use more then 255 characters, (i know its not the best way) you can edit the file: administrator/com_virtuemart/views/product/tmpl/product_edit_custom.php

in line 136 change

<?php echo  $tables['customPlugins'];?>

to

<?php //echo  $tables['customPlugins'];?>
$output = str_replace("maxlength=\"255\"","",$tables['customPlugins']);
echo $output;

after that, go to you Database. Open your Table "prefix_virtuemart_customs" and change the type of "custom_value" to text.

Now you can use nearly endless amount of characters.

its not custom_value

Its

custom_param   that the data is held in

and we do not support hacks to the core!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike_9000

I have clicked on all of the links in the first post, and none of them download a file - the link with an 'attachment' paper clip logo links to the page I am already on!

I've tried everything and I just can't find the plugin.

I have looked at the webpage, with screenshots, which describes how to works, and this is exactly what I need - any suggestions , please?

Monchi

mike_9000

All installed and working now - and exactly what I need. Thanks for the work you have put in to this - and to the guy who provided the link.

Two people have already suggested making selections mandatory, and I would like to add my vote to that. At present, it's possible that the customer will overlook the selection box and accidentally order the default item rather than the variation they want. Ideally, the default would be 'Select' and they would have to change this to one of the options before they could move on.

Rgds
Mike

xrimm

Hi!
Great work!
How i can translate (or remove) "add $" ?

PRO

Quote from: xrimm on April 23, 2012, 11:51:49 AM
Hi!
Great work!
How i can translate (or remove) "add $" ?

the new version does this for you.

Its not released yet

PRO

updated
now fields are stored
Red,Blue|10,Yellow|-20,Purple

TO do an sql update
BACKUP FIRST
update jos_virtuemart_product_customfields set custom_param=replace(custom_param,'+','|+')
update jos_virtuemart_product_customfields set custom_param=replace(custom_param,'-','|-')

kimbukhari

Guys.... Please help me! No one responding to my question. I need to remove the Label "Price" and its value "Free" which appears after each of the dropbox field. How to do this? Please help me! For God sake.....  :'( Please see the attached screen shot

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

Quote from: kimbukhari on April 25, 2012, 23:32:50 PM
Guys.... Please help me! No one responding to my question. I need to remove the Label "Price" and its value "Free" which appears after each of the dropbox field. How to do this? Please help me! For God sake.....  :'( Please see the attached screen shot

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=93360.0