News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrik60

I have a problems with the prices of different attributs. There are two variants. Variant A = normal price, variant B = +10€. It doesn't matter which variant I choose first and put in the basket, when I choose the second variant the price will change only in the detail view, but in the basket the price will be taken from the variant I have selected and put in first.

The correct attributes are shown in the basket, but as I described the wrong prices. And the following is very curious: As soon as I delete one of both variants, the price of the remaining variant changes into the correct price.

Maybe this could be a bug in VM 2.0.3 I (?)

bradeaston

Great Plugin!!!
Quick to set up, easy to use, thank you!

I don't think this is your plugin, but I'm getting this
"Price: : No additional charge Select "
it's adding to the additional price to the final price ok, but is displaying that to the right

Has anyone else come across this?
or Any known fixes?

Super Plugin thanks again!

PRO

Quote from: patbe60 on April 04, 2012, 16:59:39 PM
I have a problems with the prices of different attributs. There are two variants. Variant A = normal price, variant B = +10€. It doesn't matter which variant I choose first and put in the basket, when I choose the second variant the price will change only in the detail view, but in the basket the price will be taken from the variant I have selected and put in first.

The correct attributes are shown in the basket, but as I described the wrong prices. And the following is very curious: As soon as I delete one of both variants, the price of the remaining variant changes into the correct price.

Maybe this could be a bug in VM 2.0.3 I (?)

patbe60,

any chance the 2 attributes have the same title or params?

I am using this plugin with up to 4 variants on the same product

PRO

Quote from: bradeaston on April 04, 2012, 17:21:33 PM

I don't think this is your plugin, but I'm getting this
"Price: : No additional charge Select "
it's adding to the additional price to the final price ok, but is displaying that to the right

Do a language override, and leave the field empty
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0

Search the regular virtuemnart file to get the string

bradeaston

sweet, I'll check that out!
thanks for the quick reply

patrik60

Quoteany chance the 2 attributes have the same title or params?

No: Attribute A, Attribute B +10
->
Add "Product" with Attribute A to the cart (eg. price=90), after this select "Product" with Attribute B (new price of 100 appears on the details site) and add it to the cart. Both products in the cart have the correct name including correct attribute names. But both products price is 90. When deleting product with Attribut A from the cart, the price of Attribut B changes to 100 in the cart. The same thing happens when I do it the oposite way.

As far as I can see all follwing variants of a product in the cart take the price of the first variant until thisone is deleted. After deleting they take the price of next follwing.

PRO

Quote from: patbe60 on April 04, 2012, 18:23:19 PM

->
Add "Product" with Attribute A to the cart (eg. price=90), after this select "Product" with Attribute B (new price of 100 appears on the details site) and add it to the cart. Both products in the cart have the correct name including correct attribute names. But both products price is 90. When deleting product with Attribut A from the cart, the price of Attribut B changes to 100 in the cart. The same thing happens when I do it the oposite way.

As far as I can see all follwing variants of a product in the cart take the price of the first variant until thisone is deleted. After deleting they take the price of next follwing.

I see,

This is going to take some work.

There is another problem when you add the same attributes multiple times (at different times)
It does not update the quantity, it adds a second row.

Bruce Morgan

I played with this some more and have exactly the same issue as patbe60.  I also have one other issue.  I was able to get two attributes displayed, but you plug in does not require that a selection be made.  the dropbox tiltle for the "design" plug-in "design".  There are also the selections separated by commas.  However, when viewing the product detail page, the first item in the dropdown box is "design" (the dropbox title) and it is an allowable selection.  If one of the other selections is not picked the prduct will show up in the cart with the field empty.  Is there a way to change this?

Bruce

Bruce Morgan

BTP, there is one other problem.  It is true that you can add the same product multiple times and additional lines will be created.  However, if you delete one of the lines, it will no longer allow you to add additonal instances of the product with different attributes.

phz

I fixed that title thing by commenting these two rows in drop.php plgVmOnDisplayProductVariantFE function:
//$html.='<option selected="selected" disabled="disabled">'.$field->custom_drop_name.'</option>';
//$html.='<option selected="selected">'.$field->custom_drop_name.'</option>';

Now it shows always the first value of attributes by default and if user doesn't change anything, that first value is sent to cart.

I'm having same problem with multiple same products with different variants in cart.. prices get really messed up. Have to start looking to get that fixed ASAP. Been really hard to try to get all working with VM2, I can't even count how many differents fixes had to be done..

PRO

Quote from: Bruce Morgan on April 04, 2012, 20:00:12 PM
I played with this some more and have exactly the same issue as patbe60.  I also have one other issue.  I was able to get two attributes displayed, but you plug in does not require that a selection be made.  the dropbox tiltle for the "design" plug-in "design".  There are also the selections separated by commas.  However, when viewing the product detail page, the first item in the dropdown box is "design" (the dropbox title) and it is an allowable selection.  If one of the other selections is not picked the prduct will show up in the cart with the field empty.  Is there a way to change this?
Bruce

Yes the 1st selection is disabled, and it defaults to "title". AS soon as you choose an option, you cannot go back to the title.
The only other option is to use javascript to check the fields. I looked into this, but have not tried it yet.

Quote from: Bruce Morgan on April 04, 2012, 20:04:58 PM
BTP, there is one other problem.  It is true that you can add the same product multiple times and additional lines will be created.  However, if you delete one of the lines, it will no longer allow you to add additonal instances of the product with different attributes.

I do not get this. I have tried many ways

I did earlier find some weird behavior, I cannot replicate it though.

phz

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 04, 2012, 19:43:11 PM

->

I see,

Do you have any idea from where to start looking to fix this? From your plugin or from VM2 core?

PRO

Quote from: phz on April 04, 2012, 20:25:14 PM
Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on April 04, 2012, 19:43:11 PM

->

I see,

Do you have any idea from where to start looking to fix this? From your plugin or from VM2 core?

I think a function is going to have to be added to both the core,

and then in the plugin

for both the price , and the duplicated row

patrik60

An other issue: Try this: add two or more variants to the cart. Go to the cart, delete all variants unless only one is remaining in the cart. Go back to the product and try to add other variants. Instead of adding this variant, the actual variant in the cart just will be replaced through this new selected variant.

Bruce Morgan