News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corymp

Great to hear. I am also using your plugin for my whole site. It's working out good
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

HG

dropbox works fine so far still testing it...seems simpler than the default plugins it should be added to their next update...

I would say leave the + symbol

if you could have multiple titles and options that would be a plus....

do you know how to get rid of the "Price: No additional charge" that shows because the cart attribute is selected..

PRO

Quote from: HG on March 28, 2012, 14:09:02 PM
dropbox works fine so far still testing it...seems simpler than the default plugins it should be added to their next update...

I would say leave the + symbol

if you could have multiple titles and options that would be a plus....

do you know how to get rid of the "Price: No additional charge" that shows because the cart attribute is selected..

The + symbol can be overridden in the language file

Default is  ADD
And default is  Subtract

BUT: You an change those.

AND. You still fill out the form the same
+20   etc.

What do you mean multiple titles and options?
See attached picture, I am using the same plugin for 4 different options

[attachment cleanup by admin]

HG

multiple Custom Dropbox Title and options means

the option to create 1 field with all of those in your pic i think stockable variant has the option for 4 i think...

Custom Dropbox Title
options

Custom Dropbox Title
options

Custom Dropbox Title
options

so on.....
but i guess it's fine for now.....I notice the parent does not auto update when new fields are added. have to go back to the product erase then add back the parent..

PRO

What I do is have a single

"Color Field"

Then fill in the template.
GO to every single product that uses that set of colors. Apply them.

THEN: Go back to the template, and change the same one for the next color set. And repeat.

Kristie

Quote from: Kristie on March 27, 2012, 20:29:00 PM
Love your plugin! It was just what I needed with so many products having a very large amount of custom drop down options. I am wondering how I can get it to work with CSVI 4. It will only do one of the drop down fields and I have 5 drop downs and 1 customer text input. Any suggestions?

I was determined to get this working and make my life easier getting this site up. I have hundreds and hundreds of products with the majority having the same same custom drop down boxes. BanquetTables.pro's plugin is the bomb!

First I went in Virtuemart in the custom fields tab and created the 5 dropdown boxes and 1 customer text input field using BanquetTables.pro's plugin the way it is explained here. It worked perfectly!

Created the csv file and just repeated the entry for each of the custom title fields. I have attached the csv file for reference and also an image of the results.

I am really appreciating all the hard work BanquetTables.pro put into this plugin. Now all I have to do is create my csv file with the hundreds and hundreds of products by just copying and pasting then changing the info for each new product saving me lots of time and many many headaches!  8)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

HG

but isn't that 4 separate fields?

i know you can do

size
s,m,l xl, xxl +5   etc.....

but you will need to also create a plugin field for color etc right?

i just found a small bug... if you add this field you will get some weird calculations..

eg..
title: Model
options: R6 08-09 +220, R6 10-11 +250

the above is the make and model with its price
eg R6 2008-2009 is $220

HG

R6 08/09 +220  does the trick...

great plugin...

PRO

Quote from: HG on March 28, 2012, 16:46:46 PM
R6 08/09 +220  does the trick...

great plugin...

The plugin "grabs"  the REST of the string AFTER the + or -
THEN, uses THAT # for the price

I have NO idea, why that "dash" creates a problem

as far as I know, it should not

clabis71

I tried your plug-in, I need very much especially with the possibility to vary the price.
I have a problem with it, I set the discount and your plug-in does not display them in the front-end
Also I do not understand why do not accept decimal, eg: $ 0.20

Bruce Morgan

Just found this thread and will try your plug in.  It appears to be a direct replacement for the old-style attributes which is great.  Now if I could only get the parent/child thing to work.

Bruce

dsrpmedia

Exactly - I need something almost exactly like this, but that will work with children (so that I can have the child name + attribute (eg size/color) + price all on one line in the dropdown just like in VM 1.1

PRO

clabis71

PRO

its uploaded.

I saved the old version in case there are changes, someone does not like