News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Options Custom Field Dropbox Plugin (Updated)

Started by PRO, March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Anik

Firefox > Menu > Web Developer > Scratchpad

It's a simple code highlighter.
www.downloadhutz.com - Free Softwares | www.gangoos.com/seo - Free SEO Info

Anik

Banquet i got a problem with the module position trick you told me. By this i added a position in a particular category and modules in it is not showing on other categories, but the problem is all the modules in it showing in search result page and manufacture pages. Things are looking worst in this pages. Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks.

Anik

Update

I added another module position for another category. Now the showing modules are doubling up.

I mean i added this code in my template

<div id="col2">
                             <jdoc:include type="modules" name="position-7" style="rest"/>
                          <?php if (JRequest::getVar('view')=='category') { ?>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="category<?php echo JRequest::getInt('virtuemart_category_id',6); ?>" style="rest"/>
<?php ?>
                <?php if (JRequest::getVar('view')=='category') { ?>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="category<?php echo JRequest::getInt('virtuemart_category_id',2); ?>" style="rest"/>
<?php ?>         

</div>

but this returning same 2 modules in same position. Also in search page and manufacture page there is all 2 modules. I think it will be tripled or more if i add more position. Please take a look on your installation.

Thanks again.

Anik

Seems to be i fixed the 2nd problem but the first one is still there. Showing all of em in manufacture and search page. Any idea?

PRO

<?php echo JRequest::getInt('virtuemart_category_id',2); ?>

dont put the 2, THATS the default.

<?php echo JRequest::getInt('virtuemart_category_id',0); ?>
THIS code GRABS the category id from the url.

Anik

Worked again.. !!  :o you are great as usual..

Thank you

depika

Hi

I don't know if I am posting to the right place. I would like to have an extra field at products but I would like also to be able to filter products based on that field. Is this possible?

PRO

Quote from: depika on March 27, 2012, 19:01:29 PM
Hi

I don't know if I am posting to the right place. I would like to have an extra field at products but I would like also to be able to filter products based on that field. Is this possible?

Please start a new thread here
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=132.0

Kristie

Love your plugin! It was just what I needed with so many products having a very large amount of custom drop down options. I am wondering how I can get it to work with CSVI 4. It will only do one of the drop down fields and I have 5 drop downs and 1 customer text input. Any suggestions?

PRO

Quote from: Kristie on March 27, 2012, 20:29:00 PM
Love your plugin! It was just what I needed with so many products having a very large amount of custom drop down options. I am wondering how I can get it to work with CSVI 4. It will only do one of the drop down fields and I have 5 drop downs and 1 customer text input. Any suggestions?

I do not know.

BUT: You can set your template in the custom field, and then go to every product that uses it, and just apply it with 1 click.

Have you looked here?
http://www.csvimproved.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=778:custom-fields-import-and-export&catid=181:tutorials&Itemid=101

Kristie

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 27, 2012, 20:52:06 PM
BUT: You can set your template in the custom field, and then go to every product that uses it, and just apply it with 1 click.

Not sure what you are referring to here.....sorry just learning all this.

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on March 27, 2012, 20:52:06 PM
Have you looked here?
http://www.csvimproved.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=778:custom-fields-import-and-export&catid=181:tutorials&Itemid=101

I will look at it.

Thank you very much!

PRO

Quote from: Kristie on March 27, 2012, 21:31:37 PM

Not sure what you are referring to here.....sorry just learning all this.

You can fill in the "defaults"

then go to a product, and apply them with a single click

corymp

Hey Banquet, any luck with combining the items in the cart with this plugin?
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

PRO

Quote from: corymp on March 28, 2012, 12:11:47 PM
Hey Banquet, any luck with combining the items in the cart with this plugin?

I have looked into it, but not fixed it.

I am definitely going to get that part fixed. I am using this plugin for my whole site. So it could definitely cause some confusion for my customers.

I have changed the way it looks to be more user friendly by adding a

(Add $12) etc. in the dropdown.
The "Add" and "Subtract" is translatable. BUT, I just need to get the currency symbol in there instead of hard coding "$", because everyone doesnt use dollars.

After that , I will upload an updated one.

THEN: I can work on the "cart" layout doubling with the same attribute.

[attachment cleanup by admin]