News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Help needed product pages and stock control

Started by baseplayer, March 16, 2012, 00:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baseplayer

I have question but nobody seems to know a solution
I have build a site for cartridges, to make it easy for the customer I would like that the product page caries the
name of the printer, because everybody knows his printer bud not the name of his cartridges.
Bud a lot of times 15 printers use the same cartridges. I would need a solution to add this cartridge serie to the 15
product pages so I can control stock better. I have learned that you could make a sub product bud I would not know
how to add this sub product to more product pages. I have tried to play with extra ID,s bud then always two products
show up and I only need the titel from the printer and the buy option for the cartridges. hope I somebody understands what I mean and has an answer.
the problem now is that I can not use stock control.

osp

So you have one catridge and 15 printers connected with.
You need stock control over that one catridge, not the printers, it seems...

So you can create customfield of type string and enter those 15 printers in a row. Call it eg "Suitable printers". Don't mark it as cart variant.

Or,  you want interconnected printers which are also in VM2 product evidence?
Then plugin is needed. One similar will be available soon...

baseplayer

Dear ondrejspilka,

Thanks for your reply,

I have already made a page with 15 printers in a row, bud this is to confusing for customers, they will mail al the time.

so what I need is to add the cartridges as a sub product to the 15 (printers sometimes it is 30 printers) and that I can control the stock of the cartridges.

the plugin your talking about could it solve the last mentioned issue? and where could I get it?