News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to insert youtube videos

Started by richicasas, March 15, 2012, 02:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richicasas

Hi all, I have Joomla 1.7 and VM2, and have not found the option to upload videos from youtube in the description of the product. Someone can tell me how do I do?? thanks

John2400

Hi there are lots of options to use youtube - joomla sometimes has it own set of configurations on youtube.

I'd suggest - make an article in a normal youtube document first - and see if the site plays your file - either embed the file or a direct link.

There are quite a few - modules , plugins that will also play youtube or even a new component called youtube gallery in joomla extensions.

If this works then you can come to the products a section-

* It worked for me _ find your youtube video _ save the embedded link and then come into the product section of
Virtuemart

Open your product >>product description>> click toggle Editor>> clcik and past your link there>>save and presto

Your product will have a video underneath your product-- make it a bit small -

richicasas

had already tried to copy the code, but to keep away .JCE Editor installed virtuemart but I accept it, I still see the TMCE

Janjicar

Joomla administration--->Global Configuration--->Site---> And Change defaulte editor to which you want

John2400

thanks Janjicar , a few minutes faster than me. ( yes that could be your issue)

I'm not quite sure what you mean but some editors you install are not 100% friendly to embedding the youtube videos.

* You can turn off the editor in Joomla , there are old suggestions that works and when you have finished embedding then turn then back on.

Also The types of accepted files in configuration in joomla may also need to be looked at.

I did install all the new JCE editors in joomla for my Joomla version - so That worked. 

Like I said - you will have to play with the editors in joomla to get a youtube video runing there first Maybe.

* the long list of options and set ups for the embedding of files is sometime wearing in joomla -

* however - on one site I have I did nothing special - I just followed my instruction below and went to the product and embedded it and it works.?

* Just make sure you picked the right editor and changed it in the joomla configuration> not virtuemart.

richicasas

hahahaha, check the configuration of the plugin IFRAME TMCE and had got blocked and extended front and go. Thank you very much for the help.

JoomlaBoat

Quote from: John2400 on March 15, 2012, 13:16:35 PM
Hi there are lots of options to use youtube - joomla sometimes has it own set of configurations on youtube.

I'd suggest - make an article in a normal youtube document first - and see if the site plays your file - either embed the file or a direct link.

There are quite a few - modules , plugins that will also play youtube or even a new component called youtube gallery in joomla extensions.

* It worked for me _ find your youtube video _ save the embedded link and then come into the product section of
Virtuemart

Open your product >>product description>> click toggle Editor>> clcik and past your link there>>save and presto

You can use "Youtube Gallery" for joomla (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5) extension (component, module, and plugin) which allows you to show your youtube (not only) videos, playlists etc, also there are a lot of options to set up your own layout the way you like.
You can download it FOR FREE here http://joomlaboat.com or the Pro version with many additional features, it costs from $24 only.

euroeusmit

If I wanted to start a site, what would be required to give the users ability to upload their video in a simple fashion?

JoomlaBoat.com

Quote from: John2400 on March 15, 2012, 13:16:35 PM

Virtuemart

Hi, try Youtube Gallery Extension for Joomla http://joomlaboat.com/youtube-gallery#documentation
it is compaitable with joomla 1.5,1.7,1.6,2.5