News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Different payment options based on shipping address (international)

Started by Foothill Web Design, March 15, 2012, 00:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foothill Web Design

Hi, I have a client who wants to accept international payment via PayPal only. U.S. customer can pay with credit card, but int'l customers should only be able to pay with PayPal. Is this possible with Virtuemart? If not, would it be possible to hack the script to do that? Thanks!

Foothill Web Design

Any chance of getting this question answered? A simple "I don't know" would be okay.

JugglesXP

you should be able to just set the payment options for a country. Under the configuration tab, you can set the logo and country.  leave it blank on Paypal, and set it to US and the other countries you want it shown to under the countries field.

That way it will read the billing address and then if it contains US, it will show 2 options.  other countries will only see the Pay Pal.

:)

John2400

( if it is a setting of direct credit card from your shop with a secure site setting them the option below is the way to go)

However,

I think there might be a slight problem there as paypal will accept credit cards too.

Thus your US customers will see two options and internationals will see one. Both will include paypal and yes there you can pay by credit card too.

* I would suggest that maybe paypal setting might be a better place to start - if your customer has an account maybe in paypal you can ask them to only accept a card from a US customer.
* so the setting will be controlled is outside VM - and in the paypal settings - Maybe there you can turn off a setting.

Or easier that that - write on the front page that " this store only accepts US credit cards all other payments must be transfers through Paypal accounts".  Mind you I think you limit your clients.
As paypal will accept , transfer and make all credit card transfers safe and secure - .

Foothill Web Design

Thanks for your responses. I will try both of them and see what works!