News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Help with Virtual Product Download

Started by aristotlejones, April 02, 2012, 01:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aristotlejones

Howdy,  I have a joomla 2.5 install with VM 2.0.2 I believe and I just bought the virtual download plugin.  Everything seems to be working, except that in the email it sends an order number and password, but the link to the download doesn't take me anywhere and instead downloads something that isn't actually my sale item.

for the record I'm selling a program and have it setup to download an .exe, which I'll probably change to a .zip, but any help as far as where my download should be stored and how to get this working beyond the instructions in .pdf would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using this plugin successfully?  How did you set it up?

Thanks for the help.

freeme

Did you set up a folder"vmfiles" with a subdirectory "invoices" in your root directory of the webserver?.

And if so, you need to define the path to "vmfiles" in CONFIGURATION / TEMPLATES / Safe path . My path looks like this: /homepages/21/d1602325049/htdocs/vmfiles/

But you should see a hint regarding the correct path in the top area of the same page anyway, in case you dont know the path to the folder on your server...

If you then upload the file to be sold via SHOP / MEDIA FILES, then it should work...

aristotlejones

Thanks for the reply but on the configuration screen for VM I have a section called Media Files Settings, there is General Assets Path, Category Media Path, Product Media Path, Manufacturuer Media Path, Vendor Media Path, Path for Sale, Thumbnail path for media to sell.

All but the last two are already filled in.  I don't see anything with a reference to a "safe path" as you mentioned.  Did you mean the sale path?

freeme

Yes, the last two are the one, I am refering to. At least the "Path for Sale" you must fill out. Otherwise, you should see a warning at the top of the same page, saying something like this:

Warning, the Safe path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /homepages/21/d1602325049/htdocs/vmfiles/   --> the last part is the customized one for your server. There you should have created the mentioned folders. And then you paste the path-name as suggest above into the "Path for Sale" field....