News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Manually add or edit customer orders

Started by jtwebb, March 14, 2012, 18:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtwebb

Is there a way to manually add or edit a customers order? Can I go into the admin area and make changes if someone typed in the wrong address or add an order if someone calls me on the phone? If it's not default (it doesn't look like it is) can someone point me in the right direction so I can add the functionality myself?

Thanks!

John2400

Good idea .

this post needs to be moved to bugs and features section.

* I haven't tried this but if a customer adds his address in the cart and then goes to paypal and changes the address there ? does the VM invoice pick up on the corrected address ?

and place it in the order section correctly.

We all have customers who want to change an order - even after they pay. or we want to add an order manually - especially to track products, and finance.

great idea.  I know we could do it from the front on the phone but the back would be good to fix a few things.

Yustas

Yes, this is essential function in such kind systems. i'm also wondering about this fact when i found that orders are not editable. When this function will be available? Or maybe there are some ways or other extensions to do it?

Dan1980

Hi guys,

Did either of you find a solution for this? (in particular ---> being able to manually "add" a product for a client who calls)

I realise no one has posted in this topic for quite some time. But this would be a brilliant feature that I'd love to have for a specific client project.

Thanks

bytelord

This feature will be released on version vm2.2, near February i suppose, the 2.0.16 take the schedule a little bit back...
Already is a test version under 2.1 trunk
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Dan1980

Thanks Nikos, greatly appreciated.

I imagine VM2.2 in ~Feb will be Test/Beta, not Production?

For this particular client I can only upgrade to Production/Stable versions of VM (though I'd love to tinker with Beta's, it's not possible for their risk mitigation policy).

I think in the interim, I may implement the Master User Plug-in for Joomla 2.5 (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-access/authentication-management/12851) it will allow the site-owner to login as a User with a master key and simply add products that way.

Though am keen to see a native VM2+ solution, good luck with testing, and thank you for your super-fast reply.

;D to your kodama forest spirit profile picture

jenkinhill

VM2.2 will be "stable", ie for use on live sites. The test versions for that release will be 2.1.x (odd numbers are test/development versions for testing by forum users.

The more people who test it, the quicker will be the release of the stable version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Dan1980

Thanks jenkinhill for the explanation, and the tip on odd numbers being for forum testing. Never knew that.

Am looking forward to VM2.2 !

Though I'll have to prepare for it -- I imagine that there might be some compatibility issues arise when we jump from the final VM 2.0.x version to the 2.2.x branch.

I only say this because I will be launching a client's site in late-January and then (presumably) will update to VM2.2 shortly after launch. So I'll have to be on my toes. Unless I just hold off updating for a few months (probably not a good idea from a security perspective).

Best,
Daniel

jenkinhill

There are no security problems that we are aware of that require an update, but VM2.2 will add extra functions and some areas of the code such as custom fields have been rewritten. If the site is good to go with the current version then I'd get that one launched.  The 2.0.16 - 2.2.0 upgrade should not be more painful than those before, with most upgrades over the last year requiring little more than updating template overrides.

The project will continue to release new versions at intervals, last year there have been 8 significant revised versions, but I doubt if there will be so many next year....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Exactly jenkinhill, thank you for the explanation. Btw the editable orders are written by Ondra Spilka. As far as I know you can edit 80% or more. Some things are left.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

szbstvn

nickwiebe

February is a few days away, is 2.2 still on target for a feb. release?  I was also wondering is there going to be an upgrade to the tax component so you can handle States like WA and CA that have multiple tax rates per zip code?

thanks,

Nick

jenkinhill

As Milbo has been moving house there is some slippage, but the first test version for the 2.1 series should be available soon.

For tax rates see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110461.msg378118
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK