News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Unable to disable "Use only as catalogue" mode

Started by Ms Lyndsey, March 14, 2012, 03:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Lyndsey

I am using Joomla 2.5.2 with VM 2.0.2.  When I first added VM to my website, I was using it in catalog mode only, with the intention of disabling that feature once I got all my products added with their prices..  Now that all my products have been added, I have gone back into the "Configuration" on VM and unchecked the "Use only as catalogue", and saved it.  However, my prices are still NOT showing on the product pages. So it appears that once you enable "Use only as catalogue" you can't disable it . .  is that correct??

I did not have this problem (or any of the other problems that I am having with VM 2.0.2) with VM 1.1.6.

Thank you.
Ms Lyndsey, Owner
PgL Publishing & PgL Publications 

earthrat

I am just learning all this too so my answer may or may not be correct but worth a try. In the configuration go to the templates tab and make sure that Using the product Scripts is checked. I found other functions in this same area that require this to function.

Ms Lyndsey

Unfortunately, that is checked.  I'm still not sure what is going on.  The prices were all showing before I enabled the "Use only as catalogue" feature.  When I checked that feature, the prices didn't show anymore, but even though that feature has been unchecked and saved, the prices still do not show on the front end.  The website is: http://pglpublishing.com/publications.

Thank you  earthrat.

Lyndsey
~~~~~~

earthrat

Looking at your cart the functionality is there it is just not displaying on the product category page. If you have a third party view ask them to help you get the add to cart on the category page. If you search for add to cart in the forum there is one that is like 4 pages long and at the end a user explains how to add this. I will try and check back here if you dont find it and see if I can find it again. Why this feature is not part of the new VM I guess we will never know, but then there are a good many things that are gone that make no sense to me...;)

John2400

Interesting site ,

I eventually found your site - the font page images and template does not work correctly for me but the products appear to
show prices and links correctly. I presume you found a solution.

If so just mark post solved - have you updated to 2.0.3 and new versions of -
I think the front template might be your issue.

Ms Lyndsey

I am marking this solved even though the problem has not been solved. 

I have, however, found a "work around" that makes the prices appear on a lower line.  The price is suppose to appear on the same line as the bold word Price in the item descriptions.  Not being able to make it appear there, what I have done in the VM configuration under the Pricing tab, then under Show Following Prices, I have Show Prices checked & then under the Show Price column, I have only Final salesprice checked.  All other check boxes under Show Following Prices have been left unchecked.  This causes the price to appear one line below where it should, which is the bold Price line in the item descriptions.  This isn't ideal, the fix needed, or the way it is suppose to work, but at least the prices are showing.

Ms Lyndsey
~~~~~~~