News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

order number format

Started by alain.roger, March 12, 2012, 23:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alain.roger

Hi,

i didn't find anywhere in VM2.0.2 a parameter to setup specific format for orders.
is it as under VM1.x that you need to modify the incremental ID of orders table to correspond to specific format ?
for example, i would like to have orders ID in the following format: aYYYYxxxxxx where a is a system number (e.g. :2), YYYY is the year so 2012 and xxxxx is a simple increment.

thx.
Production server : Joomla : 2.5.8 / VM : 2.0.12f / PHP : 5.4.8 /MySQL : 5.5.28
-------------------
http://www.korcule-kolieska.sk

Testing server: Joomla 2.5.2 / VM: 2.0.2 stable
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What does not kill you, makes you strong

PRO

its random, for better security

Zekule

It's ok but somebody dont need that kind of security. I need more order numbers like from 00001 and growing. Is it possible somebody to help and change this?

frkal659

Hi all, I need to solve this problem too. I was using order numbers as variable numbers to identify payments, but now it's impossible. I would need order numbers in format 30XXXXXX, where 30 is identifying an eshop where was order generated and XXXXXX are automatically generated order numbers (last order+1). Is it possible to set this in new VM2? Please help. Thank you.

reinhold

Quote from: frkal659 on April 25, 2012, 23:54:06 PM
Hi all, I need to solve this problem too. I was using order numbers as variable numbers to identify payments, but now it's impossible. I would need order numbers in format 30XXXXXX, where 30 is identifying an eshop where was order generated and XXXXXX are automatically generated order numbers (last order+1). Is it possible to set this in new VM2? Please help. Thank you.

I have now created such a plugin, which allows the shop owner to change the order number, order password and invoice number at will:
http://open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/40-vm2-ordernumber.html

The format is given as a text string, where [...] is understood as a variable and replaced by its value (e.g. [year] by the current year).

The running counter is indicated by #. The counter can be configured to be global (e.g. not reset each year/month/..) or a separate counter for each year/month/...

I hope you like the plugin and it does what you need. If you have any suggestions or further needs, just tell me: office@open-tools.net