News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

One Page Checkout for VirtueMart 2 released!

Started by Linelab, March 11, 2012, 22:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linelab

Hi Archos, While using MVC you save the work of users, because when something is changed in VM2, you as developer will change it for all users but in case of modified code of VM2, this all must be done by users themselves. Using MVC is the best way to not allways edit the code when new version is released and upgraded.  ;)

Linelab.org Onepage Checkout is a lightweight plugin. Quick installation and easy setup.

archos

Hi VirtueArtcz

QuoteUsing MVC is the best way to not allways edit the code when new version is released and upgraded

I'm not saying MVC model is wrong or not usable, it's exactly the opposite, it's nice if we use it the way it has been designed.
The idea of the MVC model is IMHO to separate the design part (the view) from let say the algorithm or process part.

I think we are on the same way,
but if you don't want to edit the code when new version is released and upgraded THEN
the previous view must remain compatible with new one.

If the core of the view is modified on each release then you will have to edit the code of your overridden one when new version is released and upgraded

hkyklai

Hi VirtueArtcz

I am a 6-month member of Linelab and I try to use 1-page checkout (plg_system_onepage_vm2.zip) in my test site (fortunately it is a test site) at Joomla 2.5.3 Virtuemart 2.0.3H with the following problem :

- all prices information cannot be shown (unless the quantity update icon is pressed, but my customer won't do it) - new problem with Virtuemart 2.0.3H;
- when using Paypal, the system reply "Info: Paypal Merchant email is not set. Please configure this parameter in your paypal payment method." and it does not re-direct to Paypal - problem with Virtuemart 2.0.2 and 2.0.3H.

I have reported to Linelab but fruitless. It would be good if you can give some hint/help for me.

Linelab had developed some nice and useful template/plugin, but from time to time, there are some teething problems which may be related to the update of JM / VM. Hope they can keep on working for better compatibility with updated JM / VM.

hkyklai

Hi VirtueArtcz

Updated for the problems of 1-page checkout on VM 2.0.3I :
- no price information in the cart page;
- when using Paypal, the system sometimes prompt a message that "Info: Paypal Merchant email is not set. Please configure this parameter in your paypal payment method." and it does not re-direct to Paypal - problem with Virtuemart 2.0.2, 2.0.3H & 2.0.3I.
(The problem of "no selection for payment / shippment in the cart checkout" is solved in VM2.0.3I)

Both these problems disappeared if the 1-page checkout is un-published and using VM defealt checkout program to complete the order (sure, it takes few more steps).

Hope you can provide some hints to solve the above problems with the 1-page checkout.

Million thanks.

Linelab

Hi Hkyklai, VM 2.0.3H contains Payment methods bug and VM 2.0.3I was released a few hours ago. Onepage Checkout works correctly with version 2.0.2 Stable Please provide site url. We tested paypal without errors. Email is the fastest way to get a solution if you are having problems with Onepage Checkout.  ;) Thank you.

scotous

I have tested it and i thought everything was fine untill i tested it logged out.
If the shop owner has different shipping and payment options for Zip, Country parameters One Page Checkout for VM2 does not work.

At least not with me. Anyone tested it with required options and worked?

Linelab

Hi Scotous, Please provide your site URL on mail linelab@linelab.org so we can look into this issue for you. Thank you.

Linelab

One Page CheckOut released to version 1.2. with new features. Tested on VirtueMart 2.0.4 Stable. Go to downlad section > Download OPC > unzip and rewrite all files in html/com_virtuemart/cart folder of your Joomla template. Reinstall and publish plugin.
Only for VM 2.0.4 and higher!

Hi Scotous, bug fixed!   ;)

Linelab

One Page CheckOut released to version 1.3 Bug on SEF URL rewriting fixed. Go to download section http://www.linelab.org/download  > Download OPC > Unzip and reinstall onepage plugin. We apologize for the inconvenience.

jakobe

Quote from: VirtueArtcz on April 13, 2012, 22:14:56 PM
One Page CheckOut released to version 1.3 Bug on SEF URL rewriting fixed. Go to download section http://www.linelab.org/download  > Download OPC > Unzip and reinstall onepage plugin. We apologize for the inconvenience.

purchased and installed today...works pretty good so far! Impressed.

Linelab

OnepPage Checkout Updated. Fixed layout in IE7, IE8 and Opera.

janinemachine

Hi Virtueartcz, I am using Onepage checkout and Skylab VM2 Edition. After I updated Virtuemart to 2.6 today the category browse page Add to Cart is broken, and on the product browse page the layout is all messed up, Product Description etc is missing.

I installed the update for Onepagecheckout from your site and also reinstalled Skylab template. Any idea what the problem could be?

Linelab

Hi Janinemachine, Please provide your website url. Thank you.

aandcmedia

Still having issues with the credit card not showing up. It shows up when I am logged in but than disappears shortly after. If you are not logged in you cannot see it at all! Not sure what is going on with it please advise.

Linelab

Hi aandcmedia, Please provide your website url. Thank you.