News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

One Page Checkout for VirtueMart 2 released!

Started by Linelab, March 11, 2012, 22:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linelab

Otto0815

Quote from: VirtueArtcz on May 08, 2012, 20:50:04 PM
I have sent you an email. Happy testing.  :)

I got it...thx....

But i got one Problem...what's about users who have Javascript disabled in their browser?
I've just tried it and then opc doesn't work......are there solutions for this?

Linelab

Hi Otto, If you disable JavaScript in your browser's settings, One Page Checkout may not function properly. VirtueMart uses javascript to validate forms in the default checkout process.  :)  2% of people on the web in North America and Europe have JavaScript turned off. For example, if your site has 10.000 visitors per month then there are probably about 200 visitors without JavaScript.

Otto0815

Hmm, ok...

i've looked into my anylytics account, and taken the visitors from january till now.......and it's a number about 12% of my visitors that don't use Javascript

Maybe theres a workaround to check if a user uses Java or nor and redirect him to another checkout page?

What do other users over here think about it?

Linelab

VirtueMart 2 uses javascript to validate forms in the default checkout process.

jakobe

just realized that I have no ability to select a shipment menthod on this,

I have one shipping option...free shipping.

nothing shows on the checkout page
but when I disable the one page check out shipping shows fine.

Its set to show on all shopper groups and products.

please help, I am losing orders.

jakobe

here is my url

http://www.mellowmunchies.com

flooded with users who cannot checkout.

please advise.

thanks

Linelab

Please add a shipment method for unregistered users.

jakobe

I have, nothing shows up..logged or not logged.

woood77

I've purchased the one page checkout plugin by linelab and sort of have it working. The main problem is this plugin disables Virtuemarts ability to redirect to a secure SSL protected page at checkout. Virtuemart does not redirect to a Secure SSL page when viewing the cart, it only redirects to an SSL when navigating away from the cart and updating a credit card or billing address. Since this addon places the billing address and credit card fields right on the shopping cart page which accomplishes the one page checkout it breaks the ability of Virtuemart to use an SSL.

Unless I'm missing something.  Please advise.

Linelab

Hi Woood77, Virtuemart 2 uses SSL only for sending data from the form.
<form method="post" id="checkoutForm" name="checkoutForm"
action="<?php echo JRoute::_'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart'.$taskRoute,$this->useXHTML,$this->useSSL ); ?>">

Please enable Secure url in main menu Joomla.

Quote from: jakobe on May 09, 2012, 20:25:32 PM
I have, nothing shows up..logged or not logged.
Hi Jakobe, This is VirtueMart bug - Free shipping per country‎ Please contact VirtueMart developers or update AIO plugins to latest stable version.
Download OPC 1.7: http://www.linelab.org/download Add feature: Automatic shipping method and cart tax updated when the state changes.

jakobe

YES SUCCESS okay I see now it is working.

this is what I had to do...

1. update the OPC to latest version
2. update the AIO VM plugins to latest version (minimum 2.0.6)
3. perform this mod  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=93063.msg339181#msg339181
4. set my shipping options for free shipping into two occurrences, one for anonymous and one for the rest of the shopper groups...(basically this is for logged and non-logged)
5. set my shipping prices to 0 or 0.00

THIS IS WORKING NOW!
I have completed an order successfully both as a logged and non logged users

The LineLab developer really worked hard on this with me...but it is indeed working now....what a relief.

janinemachine

Hi VirtueArtcz

I have also been able eventually to get this working. And it is really fantastic!

I would however suggest you take the time to write a step by step guide (with pics) of how to use this plugin, and specifically how to set up Virtuemart and Joomla in order for it to work. You may think Virtuemart/Joomla settings is not your problem, but it is causing a bad reputation for your plugin (which actually works great). Perhaps also include this guide with the plugin download.

You will save yourself a lot of time to do this.

@Jakobe I am sure you will agree with me

Linelab

Dear Developers, Please create a separate thread to discuss your OPC solution. Thank you!