News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't get sizes to work, please help!

Started by jochem8, March 09, 2012, 14:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jochem8

Hi all!

Being a newbie on VM I will try to be as specific and complete as I can be. I'm having trouble getting my sizes to work for my products. As you can see below I have added screenshots of the pages I see and what is on there and is not on there.

I'm running Joomla 1.7.3 and VM 2.0.2 and only VM and VM-aio are installed, no templates.

The category I'm working on right now is Gloves. I have created the product G3 Gloves (I believe this is called the parent) and now want to create all the 8 sizes (XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL) for it in the Custom Fields tab. I believe those are called childs. How do I do that? All different sizes have different amounts of stock. The parent itself, G3 Gloves, of course has no stock since people cannot order G3 Gloves, but they can order G3 Gloves XXS. Now another thing which maybe makes it complicated; The webshop itself is in different languages, but the stock needs to be linked for all languages.

As you can see I haven't filled out any Related Categories. Should this be 'Gloves'? And also no Related Products. Should this be 'G3 Gloves'?

At the Custom Field Type pull down menu I have the options COM_VIRTUEMART_STOCKABLE_PRODUCTS, Maatplugin_sebas (my webdesigner did this) and Size.
When I use Size and fill out XXS and hit the Save button, the page reloads but the size XXS is not saved.

If at all possible, could someone tell me step by step how to fix my problem? Thank you very much for your help.

Summary: Different sizes with each their own stock for 1 product in different languages. How can I make it happen?

jochem8

If someone could help me that would be awesome. I can give you a login for the webshop if someone could fix the problem...

Milbo

Wait for the 2.0.3C release. There the whole child thing is strong enhanced.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jochem8

Thank you very much for your reply Milbo, it is greatly appreciated. When will that version be released?

SeaGod

Hello,  I think I have a similar problem

I need to create a basic commodity, and sold to different versions of his weight.
earlier in the BM1 it worked.

It'll be completed in 2.0.3 release? and when enjoy it?

jochem8

Slowly it's coming together but I'm afraid I'm still far from it.
The parent and it's children have been created now.

First: How do I delete the radio box? It doesn't make any sense, it should be a normal drop down menu.
Second: Is there a way to change the ordering in the children? They are well organized in the backend, but in the front end the ordering is messed up (I use sizes from XXS to XXXL).