Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Recently Viewed Products in VM 2.0.2

Started by DanReal, March 09, 2012, 04:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanReal

Hi,

Dumb question.

Is the Recently Viewed Products feature which is on VM 1.x still included in the new VM 2.0? Thanks!

mosdata

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mosdata

Thanks Milbo.

Do you have to activate it somehow? I can not make it work.

thanks

John2400

mosdata'

Hi I was looking at the question as I think it is in the wording "reviewed" or "viewed" - - In the VM 1 we could review a product and sort in the order sections - the number or recently ordered products. Thus we could view recent orders and review popular orders.
Whether you could see how many time someone looked at a product or viewed it? and did not buy it - I don't think that existed in VM 1 ( but it did have a good feature in "view individual product listings)

I VM 2 we are able to review products , sort by product sales, feature popular products and sort again in the revenue by the number or products sold I cannot find. In VM one there was the ability to sort products by month and you could tell what products on an individual basis month by month was selling well.

Review and ratings ?  or keeping track of inventory - might not give you this report.       really need a report that says this item is selling well? was in vm 1 in the revenue report of individual products.

mosdata

I think you did not understand very well what we asked in this post. I try to explain better.

Without being logged in when you browse categories and see the product detail VM1 showed you in the bottom of "Recently Viewed Products" and VM2 does not appear.

Is there a way of showing recently viewed products VM2?

From already thank you very much

Best regards!

John2400

mosdata,

My apologies, yes I can see on the front page what you are seeing - ??

My answer is  I cannot see that feature in VM 2 ? either -

* MY explaination below shows a way of finding them - I think I'll write in the Requests and features section , yours and mine.

* see if you can add that in the features section as well -

mosdata

jenkinhill

I'd guess that, if enough people want this, that a 3rd party developer will make a plugin for recently viewed products.
I do remember having a lot of requests from VM1.1 users about how to remove the latest viewed items.... There was/is a switch in configuration but not easy to find.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mosdata

It would be good to have a swich on the configuration to activate it according to need.

Here in Argentina is widely used in ecommerce websites.

Thanks!

Jumbo!

Just thought I should inform that it has been already implemented on VM 2.0.12b.