News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Problem with adding products to shopping cart

Started by testrat, March 08, 2012, 08:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmbart

Hello,

Are you sur you activated jquery in virtuemart.
Backoffice virtuemart -> configuration -> templates -> use jquery (in the bottom right)

hope this helped.

tiago_sans

Yes, I tried both. It seems a jquerry conflict, but I can't see what I need to change

sector-222

hi, you need disable SSL in  Configurations -> Shop  :P

tiago_sans

My SSL is not active =/

I changed templates and there's no result (tried at beez as well), it seems a javascript conflict

EDIT: I found the problem! Just disable Google Jquery! The popup and cart works fine now!

jenkinhill

For those still having problems with add to cart, which is almost always caused by JavaScript conflicts, try using this plugin: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/scripts/12995
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

willxiao0790

Thanks jenkinhill,

However, my site http://casafortegroup.com/sf/index.php/bedlinen/forever-and-ever-throw-detail still cannot display add-to-cart popup for IE7, IE8 and Safari on iPad :(, others works fine.

jamedia

Jenkinhill,

What setup would you recommend I should use on the plug in to solve my problem.

Thank You

jenkinhill

jamedia, use default to start with, and then work through options. The developer will help.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

palpal

Hi jenkinhill,

Thanks for you advice to install the jQuary++ integrator extension. http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/scripts/12995
Once i installed and turned it on, it has some progress as below,
1) the quantity +/- button is working fine, the number responses timely when press the button +/-
2) when you press" add to cart" button, it has not response at all, but when you refresh your page, the item is added to the cart successfully.

The next step I am looking for the cart pop up message box to confirm the item and update the item to the Shop Cart box at the same time without refresh the page, I tried different combination of the options of the jquery integrator but not positive.

Any advice come along ?? thanks!

willxiao0790

I've just updated my site to VM 2.0.3 E, it's perfect.

All problems of add-to-cart, number of products per page and Tax rounding have been solved.

Only one left is I want to implement prev/next for product thumbnail pop-up.

--------------------------
For the customs field, when I apply the SIZE, I want the size drop-down list to display as below
SINGLE: $60
DOUBLE: $70
QUEEN: $80
KING:  $90

instead of: Price: $60
SINGLE: No additional charge
DOUBLE: $11
QUEEN: $22
KING:  $33

And in fact it was wrong, the price is included GST, it should be $10, $20, $30.

Any helps for this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jamedia

jenkinhill,

I just notice something, whenever I use www.geniusplanet.com it works perfectly but soon as I remove the www. and keep just geniusplanet.com the cart won't load.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

p.s: I tried all the jquery plugins but none of them worked for me.

testrat

jamedia, use search. There was a topic with your problem.

jenkinhill: I tried the jQuery posted by you. It is worikng exactly the same way as my virtuemart jQuery.
When I click on add to cart button, nothing would happen but when I refresh the whole page, the item is somehow in the cart.
Could you help me to write a script or something so that whenever I click on add to cart button the whole page will refresh?
It would be very helpful. I know it's a poor solution, but I need at least something and really soon. My time is almost up. Thank you very much. :)

URL: www.labmouse.cekuj.net
Joomla 1.7
Virtuemart 2.0.2

renevm

All,

I just installed VM 2.0.3 G and everything is working fine now! I don't know what has changed, but it is working!

mlacunza

Hello,
I have Joomla 2.5.3 and VM 2.0.2, when I try to add a product to the cart nothing happen, I just disable the Virtuemart jQuery in the admin section and nothing, Im not a js expert so maybe can point me in the right direction.

Im using a gantry framework, I try changing with all the by default templates and the same problem.

I tried to disable or enable Google jQuery but it didn't change anything.

any ideas??