Creating a parent product with multiple children and quantity/purchase boxes

Started by zschapel, March 07, 2012, 19:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zschapel

In the old version of VM this was possible, I'm assuming it isn't set up on VM2 as of yet but would like verification of this in case we're missing something.

So we need a parent product, which is the main product that a customer will view.  But instead of just a buy now button, there will be several children products with their own SKU listed in the buy now area EACH with their own quantity box.  So basically it is a bundled product where the customer could purchase multiple items all from one page.  The multiple items would simply be set up as children of the parent, so they can have their own stock, price, SKU, etc.

Like I said, old version of VM had this and it worked pretty well.  I've read just about every forum post about children products, generic cart variant, etc. but none of this helps with the above simple scenario. ..bundling products on one page.

Anything I'm missing?

Otherwise we'll probably write a script to deal with this ourselves, and submit it to you in case you want it for the core.

lukerative

I can't figure out how to get this to work either. I have figured out how to link the children but I can't get multiple quantity boxes. Please let us know if there is something we missed or verify that this is not implemented yet.

DaSco

Selina

I am trying to figure out the same thing either, but can not handle it. Is there anybody could help me?

dsrpmedia

another example of a basic feature that was available & easy to use in VM 1.1 which cannot be done in vm 2.0

if anyone ever figures this out I would love to see it - especially need to be able to show the attribute (eg size / colour) of the child & its price in the parents' dropdown select box (which was super easy to do in vm 1.1)