News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

After the 2.0.2 update my details page got messed up

Started by CrownKits, March 07, 2012, 14:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrownKits

Hello everyone,  :D

I have updated my VM2 and AIO modules, this caused a few problem such as missing product images(solved-publish images) and my product details page is messed up, the size is changed and the description text and images and reviews are all overlapping each other. If you know what could of cause this please clearly state it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.:D

corymp

The theme you were using didn't override the views templates. So when you update, your template gets overridden. I've been dealing with that for a couple weeks now with a template I purchased for VM2.0. I forced me t learn a lot about VM and how to create my own templates.
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

jenkinhill

The view templating has changed in VM2.0.2. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98505.0

In addition you may need to set a size for the product main image. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98647.0

The idea of using template (and language) overrides is so that your layouts do not get replaced during a Virtuemart update.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

CrownKits

Thanks guys  :D, tried everything possible, followed your suggestions and inspected the area with Chrome developer tools. Still the same problem. If you can check the site and browse to the product details page and if that helps you help me please. Once again appreciate your time and help.

jenkinhill

If you want someone to have a look maybe you should post the url....  Can you tell us which PHP version you are using?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

CrownKits

well, well isn't this embarrasing. forgot to post the url  :P sorry!
www.splendorstickies.com

specs.

PHP Version    5.2.17
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 1.7.3 Stable [ Ember ] 14-Nov-2011 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.2.0 Stable+Modified [ Omar ] 27-Jul-2011 00:00 GMT

Thanks

corymp

template.css
line 427

change to this:

.art-content-layout .art-layout-cell, .art-content-layout .art-layout-cell .art-content-layout .art-layout-cell {
  display: table-cell;
  float: left;
  width: 670px;
}
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

CrownKits

Hi Cory and thanks for your help,
I took your advice but didn't find that code on that line in my template.css (located in my Joomla template directory). However I searched and found that code on a different line with the following code. The variable is the same but the values differ.  ps I am using MS expression web as code editor, if that causes different line...

.art-content {width: auto;}

.art-content-layout .art-layout-cell, .art-content-layout .art-layout-cell .art-content-layout .art-layout-cell

{

display: block;

position:relative;

float: left;

clear: right;

}

corymp

try changing change the values to what I show.

did you ever try notepad++ for editing css? You should try it
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

CrownKits

Hi There,
I did find the code with notepad++ still on a different line looked like this:
.art-content-layout .art-layout-cell, .art-content-layout .art-layout-cell .art-content-layout .art-layout-cell{display: table-cell;}
I changed it to this
.art-content-layout .art-layout-cell, .art-content-layout .art-layout-cell .art-content-layout .art-layout-cell{display: table-cell;float: left;
  width: 670px;}

refreshed my details page and still no result. Any other suggestions? I deleted my template and re installed it, edited template.css. No result!

corymp

see pic. Is this what you're going for?

I've uploaded the template.css for you to download and try.

If it doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is

[attachment cleanup by admin]
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

CrownKits

Hi cory, thanks for the effort your put in. Yes that's exactly what I am trying to achieve. I replaced the existing file with the one you sent me. However, I see no differance, I cleared the cach and deleted everything from EI still the same  :( Is the png what the .css file you sent me looks like?

I am using:
EI
Chrome

corymp

it was supposed to... did you try using firefox?
VM 2.0.4 Stable
J2.5.4

CrownKits

hi,
Yes I've tried it with Firefox but it's still the same to me.