News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2.0.2 - Double Plugins in Installation?

Started by freeme, March 07, 2012, 13:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeme

Hi,
I noticed that a lot of plugins seem to be double in my installation. Is that normal? Pls. see attached screenshot.

Should I delete the double plugins? If yes, which one? That ones, where there is no Version/Date/Author information?

In general, with every upgrade of VM, shall I first deinstall the plugins and then reinstall the new VM AIO?

Cheers.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Do not delete. Just install the new main component and aio component over the present ones using Joomla's extension manager.

You have older (including RC) version plugins which should have been overwritten.....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

freeme

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 07, 2012, 13:53:51 PM
Do not delete. Just install the new main component and aio component over the present ones using Joomla's extension manager.

You have older (including RC) version plugins which should have been overwritten.....
OK fine, but I already have the latest version (2.0.2) installed, meaning that I already installed the 2.0.2 VM and also the latest AIO over the 2.0.1 installation, and that is the result.

You mean, I just should do it again?

jenkinhill

Personally, if everything works when you just disable the old plugins, I would leave it at that. But were the modules duplicated, too?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PRO

J1.5 uses a different folder structure for plugins.

You might have both structures. Which would make 2 different files. I do know earlier versions had both.

freeme

@ Kelvin:
I can see the the shopping cart module in the module manager list twice. In the Extension Manager: Manager-list, I see the shopping cart only once. All modules are version 2.0.0RC3.

Anyhow, I would prefer to have a clean version - you never know, in which trouble you could come later on... What do you think - should I just delete all plugins and modules and reinstall them with the latest AIO?

@ BanquetTables:
I never had J1.5 on this installation, I started with J1.7.x

Cheers

PRO

Quote from: freeme on March 07, 2012, 15:42:45 PM

@ BanquetTables:
I never had J1.5 on this installation, I started with J1.7.x

but the installation files had them that way

freeme

Well - no idea how this could happen. Will deinstall all modules and plugins, delete double entries from database via PHPadmin and reinstall from AIO.

My only hope is that this doesnt happen again...  :-\