News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

help with product search please

Started by kawinwara, November 03, 2012, 04:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawinwara

I'm having a problem with the virtuemart search module.
not sure if this is a bug or purposely like this for some reason.

the problem is:
when i try to search the product by enter its title which contains dash -     , for some reason the system just remove the dash away for example

the product name is "st-990 multimeter" so i put "st-990"  and hit search. No result comes up. and i notice in the search text box the text i typed in "st-990" was dash removed remaining only "st990". as the result, the system couldn't find my product.

but if i put "st-990 multi" the result found ok because there is the word "multi" in the keyword.

please tell me where to edit the search script so the search won't automatically remove the dash.

Regards,

jenkinhill

Did you try to use forum search =- or read the forum, because this solution was just 2 below your post on this board. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97815.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bytelord

Also: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=109318.msg366139#msg366139

This one have been already implemented on SVN and on the next 2.0 release (2012g)

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

kawinwara

wow!!! you guys fixed me!!

work like a charm.

thanks a lot

i've tried searching the forum for my issue. but the thing is i had no idea what keywords i should use.
I tried "search automatically remove some characters" but no result. hahaha.  :-[ my keyword sounds funny and not very efficient.
The hard thing to me when using search engine is when i come up with the special case like this, it's so hard to think of the right keyword.

could you please give me a hint in such case, what keyword i should try so next time i could think of the better keyword.

thank you jenkinhill and bytelord and every virtuemart members and virtuemart team for such great contributions.

Regards,

kawin