News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Drop Shipping for Virtuemart

Started by bobmeetin, March 06, 2012, 14:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobmeetin

Are there any plans for integrating drop-shipping functionality into Virtuemart? 

Or rephrased, what I am looking for is the ability to set up a business that purchases and resells merchandise that comes from many different warehouses. If this were in the U.S. then there might be 10 warehouses in different states which means that both shipping and handling fees will need to be configured according to ship-from warehouse location.  Since the warehouses operate independently the administrative interface will need to be able to configure handling/packaging fees per warehouse.

advergroup

Any answers on this.

I assume that the lack of answers from Virtuemart Moderators means that this is not possible?

jenkinhill

This is a peer support forum so any member can aswer you. Mods are really here just to keep the peace..... But since we read a lot and play with software a lot we gt to know some stuff.

Yoy will need an advanced multivendor capability to dropship with different shipping rates etc. VM2 is ready for you to add multivendor plugins to get it working like that, but you need to program them first.

Basic MV should be available from VM developers in about a month or so, as it is under way, but that may not be flexible enough for you without throwing some cash towards further development.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

advergroup

Any ideas who I need to throw cash at to get this done?

I rather put money towards the development team at virtuemart then outsource a hack of the system.

jenkinhill

Maybe pm Milbo, the lead VM developer. He is already working on Multi-V.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

advergroup

Thanks a million - I do not want to lose this client. I have done work for him for many years. His site will be a n awesome virtuemart sample once I get the Cherry Picker and Drop Ship figured out.  The site is www.chicago-maintenance.com - a great example of a virtuemart site with over 140,000 items. It is a bit slow now. However once I implement product type filters it will be a beast!

I have PM'ed as you suggested -- Thanks again for the Response!!!!!!!