After manual update...still shows "Update Found Click to Update to 2.0.2"

Started by zippygaloo, March 06, 2012, 09:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippygaloo

I manually updated the files from "com_virtuemart.2.0.2.zip" but I still see the "UPDATE FOUND! CLICK TO UPDATE. 2.0.2" button in the control panel. Did I put something in the wrong place or forget to put something somewhere?

jenkinhill

Why manual? Install over the top of the old version using Joomla's extension installer, same with aio install, com_virtuemart.2.0.2_ext_aio (you must update that, too.)

Then you will see _  You have the latest version 2.0.2
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

meet_rayhan

This question may sound stupid but being a beginner, I have a liberty to ask this. How will it effect current running system i.e. data and templates etc if I update it using joomla extension installer? I have setup all data and graphics/template etc for a system going live pretty soon and like to update virtuemart to 2.0.2 to attain a functionality(it feels like it is a brand new install instead of update). Your response will help me in getting it done.

Thanks.

PRO

Quote from: meet_rayhan on March 06, 2012, 18:12:41 PM
This question may sound stupid but being a beginner, I have a liberty to ask this. How will it effect current running system i.e. data and templates etc if I update it using joomla extension installer?

1st akeebah backup is a must for Joomla.

Run a backup.

Then as far as your question: thats how its supposed to be installed.

meet_rayhan

Thanks and had a template issue but fixed it.

Thanks for input guys.

zippygaloo

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 06, 2012, 17:59:14 PM
Why manual? Install over the top of the old version using Joomla's extension installer, same with aio install, com_virtuemart.2.0.2_ext_aio (you must update that, too.)

Then you will see _  You have the latest version 2.0.2

What is the Joomla Extension Installer and how do I use it? Also, what about other 3rd party add-ons, overrides and such that exist within the directories that are going to be updated?

jenkinhill

Quote from: Zippy Galoo on March 08, 2012, 05:21:59 AM
What is the Joomla Extension Installer and how do I use it?

In Joomla 2.5 it is under Extensions manager. See the pic and http://docs.joomla.org/Help15:Screen.installer.15

3pd addons will not be in the same directories, and overrides are also not in the VM directories. That's why they are not overwritten during updates. No product data is lost during updates.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

azamkl

I've tried follow the exact step as guide by jenkinhill. After checking in Virtuemart AIO I'm sure that my system has been updated to the latest version. It's just that when I go to Virtuemart Panel, I can still see the alert message in a light yellow box on the bottom of the left panel, said that I need to update my Virtuemart.

I'm lost on that part. Can somebody shed some light? or is it just me that having the experience of such?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK