News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to create Advanced Attributes for Cart Variants

Started by butchtones, February 28, 2012, 22:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchtones

Hi Everyone,
I must be missing something that's right under my nose so if someone could help me I'd really appreciate it.  I reviewed the documentation at 4.6.4 Product Variations and Attributes but can't figure it out. 

I created custom attributes and then created additional custom child attributes but when I add them to a product is shows as the Attributes Name then a drop down that offers one option of "No Additional Charge"

I'm on VM 2.0.2
Joomla 1.7

Thanks for your help!

jenkinhill

Quote from: butchtones on February 28, 2012, 22:25:17 PM
I reviewed the documentation at 4.6.4 Product Variations and Attributes but can't figure it out. 

Not surprising - that manual is clearly shown as being for VirtueMart 1.1
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

butchtones

Since there doesn't seem to be any documentation for 2.0 I was hoping that something might carry forward from 1.1 OR someone would be kind enough  to help me out.

Do you have any suggestions?

vigier

I think you want the following: add multiple versions of your customer_fields to your product. In each added field you type the name of the item in the dropdown list. Save --> Refresh your page and here you go.
Or do you want something else?

endo

OK.  I'm having the same problem.  I see no customer_fields on my project page.  Just how do you do this?  I'm about to start banging my head on the table, lol.