Main Menu

User register forced for address edition

Started by fmp.martins, March 05, 2012, 13:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmp.martins

Using VM 2.0.2 with:
On checkout, ask for registration: ON
Only registered users can checkout: OFF
At chekout page, when I select any of the edit address buttons (it happens with both addresses), I get the error message "Please login first".
I must have "guest" checkouts but I don't even have the chance to create a new user as before. Here's a screen shot of what I got:

fmp.martins

Am I the only one with this bug???
I do have the latest stable 2.0.2 upgraded from 2.0.0...

Why and/or where is the "is user registered" validation being performed? 

fmp.martins

I'm still unable to checkout without registering/authenticating  in 2.0.3b.

Botanick

I have the same problem, in the past all this kind of questions had an answer very quickly, i don't know what happened with this forum...  :'(

alpertheidiot

John2400

Hi guys ,

I have seen this posted by several peopel in the last days? This might be a joomla issue - not just a VM issue.

* There was an issue with Joomla 2.5.2 - small hacking issue - they released 2.5.3 to fix this problem and then there appeared some login issues and also some retrevial of usernames and passwords-
* You might try to look at the joomla login access rights and the also in plugins>> manager>user manager>> see if these have changed.

Also search the joomla forums  eg : this has become a very large forum      http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=673

* this is just a thought - I know one of you will say you that they did not update joomla but this is just a  thought . I do hope taht Joomla will resolve the user issue soon. keep writing on this forum so that othesr see waht you tried to resolve this problem .  I saw two sites just like this yesterday.

alpertheidiot

ok, found a solution.. if you have an "account maintenance" link and if its access level is "Registered" then you get this error. Solution: change it to public.

John2400

John2400

alpertheidiot ,

Hi they will be searching for this for days --

could you be exact in describing where you found this - joomla Versions- VM versions.

* In joomla 2.5 users are found under : site>>global configurations>>permission settings ?

* where did you turn this to public. thanks

alpertheidiot

I've seen something similar in one of the threads on this forum.

This has got nothing to do with global conf or permissions, but a simple link to account maintenance. so, if there is a link somewhere on the entire site, for "account maintenance", or "index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit", and if this is set to anything other then "public", you get the login screen regardless of your configuration in VM.

so the solution is to make it "public".

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Swanky-Pixels

HI
I am looking into this same issue but I do not have any account maintenance login's anywhere! is this a VM module ...

All my site menus are public nothing is set to registered throughout the site.

Could you explain further please, or if anyone can explain would be grateful

Regards pete
"I am always doing what i can not do in order to learn how to do it"

https://www.swankypixels.com
http://www.cotswold-designs.co.uk

Milbo

No, there is no virtuemart module for it. Afaik a pure joomla thing.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

In my test website creating an test account with 1 character "a" in this url: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit
i get this msg: Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in D:\Ampps\www\mp10\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\user.php on line 493

what can i do to solve this?
Thanks
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

gcomo01

I don't think that this has anything to do with joomla. I upgraded from virtuemart 2.0.0 (no issue there) to 2.0.6 and the issue started to surface.
Making the account maintenance menu/link public does not look nice specially if there is already a menu/link for the log in. Any other solution ?
G
Joomla 1.7.3 Virtuemart 2.0.6

gcomo01

Basically the edit/add shipping/billing address for guest users (checkout also) uses the 'Account Maintenance' to perform these tasks and so having an 'Account Maintenance' link restricted to only 'Registered' users would always redirect to log in. Any ideas for this yet ?
thanks G
Joomla 1.7.3 VM 2.0.6