News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to send email for Pending Orders?

Started by redgiantdesign, March 05, 2012, 09:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgiantdesign

PLEASE can somebody help me with this:

I have two custom payment plugins installed.  One is a payment processor similar to Paypal.  That works fine, order is placed, payment is made, order is confirmed, email is sent.

The other plugin, however, requires the order to be set to PENDING on completion, for administrator review before the order can be confirmed.  Now what I need to know is how can I configure it to send a PENDING order email, so that the administrators know when there is an order that needs to be reviewed?

I'm really hoping there is a way to do this, because right now I have to make the pending order status set to confirmed in order for it to send me an email.

I look forward to your (somebody's) response.

tcuttrissweb

**BUMP**

Any updates, anyone sort this out? I'm looking into this now myself - I'm personally beginning to NOT like Virtuemart as a ecommerce solution at all. Such pain to do simple things.

dylanphelan

I would also like to get a notification when orders are pending.

for example - if someone orders then they have a problem paying by credit card and don't complete the order.

spyderwebdesign

concap

G' day,

is it possible to send email notification of pending orders to our sales department email address. We don't want to send pending orders to customer.
Ideally without changing VM code as they release updates frequently.

Regards

alatak

Hello

QuoteThe other plugin, however, requires the order to be set to PENDING on completion, for administrator review before the order can be confirmed.  Now what I need to know is how can I configure it to send a PENDING order email, so that the administrators know when there is an order that needs to be reviewed?

It is the plugin itself that decides in the order status when the order is confirmed.
For example in the "standard" payment, there is an option "Order Status for Pending transactions".
And the  function plgVmConfirmedOrder sets the order to that status.

Quotefor example - if someone orders then they have a problem paying by credit card and don't complete the order.
Quoteis it possible to send email notification of pending orders to our sales department email address. We don't want to send pending orders to customer.
At the moment, the emails are sent to both the customer and the vendor. But yes, we could this option in the VM config.

concap

Hi alatak,

thank you for your reply. I know that we can add value in VM -> configuration -> checkout -> Default Order Status to send an invoice:
At the moment we have this field set to: Confirmed.
IF Pending is added it would send email to sales department and customer. It would be very handy if you can come up with guide how to send emails only to sales department.

Thank you Ondrej

ReJigged

Was this ever solved?

I need an email sent to sales when order is confirmed by customer but prior to payment confirmation as sometimes this can fail (card not accepted etc.). In this case the order only ever reached 'Pending' order status in the order list.

I have added 'Pending' to list of 'Default Order Status to send email to vendor' in the 'Checkout' tab of configuration. But system still only sends email on Payment confirmation when order status is set to 'Confirmed' by payment plugin or admin.

Am using VM 3.0.6.2

Thanks

RJ

Milbo

Quote from: alatak on January 15, 2013, 11:15:38 AM
It is the plugin itself that decides in the order status when the order is confirmed.
For example in the "standard" payment, there is an option "Order Status for Pending transactions".

Do you actually read?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ReJigged

Of course I do? I can only apologise if I have frustrated anyone. We may be misunderstanding each other? But I have read this post and understood it. I'm not sure it relates to what I am talking about.

The plugin is setting the order statuses correctly. I have payment status for pending orders set to 'Pending'. And the order status of the order is indeed set to 'Pending'. Once payment is completed by the gateway, the plugin changes the order status to 'Confirmed'. So the plugin appears to be working correctly.

But there is no email sent to vendor at the point the order status is set to pending. Or is the payment plugin responsible for this also?

Milbo

Quote from: alatak on January 15, 2013, 11:15:38 AM

You are right, she talks here about the orderstatus for pending transactions, but as far as I know, any payment can override the email settings. The whole thing was a topic in autumn and I know there are lot people who want it the way, so I wonder that no one else has the problem atm.
[/quote]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member