News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Categories" page layout displays as a blank page

Started by gtewks, March 04, 2012, 22:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtewks

My site: http://wideawake.us.cloudlogin.co/

If you use menu item "VM Store" you can see the "front page" layout.  It works fine (except that only 7 products seem to show in "top ten") - not sure why.
However,
If you click on "civil war videos" in the dropdown menu.  You get a blank page.

I've tried all the other menu item layouts (ie: front page, vendors, shopping cart, etc)..  they all work.
but "Category Layout" & "Virtuemart Category Layout" both result in a blank page.

I've tried moving the menu item to a top level in case it had something to do with the dropdown.  No result.
I have tried assigning different categories to the menu item.  No change.

any ideas?

John2400

Hi when I roll over - your drop down Civil War videos-
is it supposed to go to the one page with jsut your videos on it and no right hand column shown?

If it is - you might add to the link .php  ie

the link now is :  http://wideawake.us.cloudlogin.co/index.php/vm-store/civil-war-videos

but you want ? http://wideawake.us.cloudlogin.co/index.php/vm-store/civil-war-videos.php
maybe?

Just wondering .   I presume that the front page is showing products and not categories?  So in that category of civil wars ( how many videos do you have)?
I think the home page setting is showing the top ten product bought and thus how many videos have been bought?
If your shop is new then you might not have a top ten? I'm just wondering if that list is generated yet? by the computer?
Or are you trying to show your category page and not one category list ( of products)

gtewks

I don't think things are as complex as your asking.

As you can see if you click on the dropdown menu item.   No products display.
That's all I need fixed. 
That menu link is calling on a prouduct category (selected from the menu button interface)
Why are there no items displaying, even though there are certainly product within the category

rattonwing

My company is using VM1.1.9 on J1.5.25. I tried VM2.0.2 and got stuck where you are. This is my experience:

i tracked back to the query (it takes a while and complex query proccessing).

i tried that query on phpmyadmin, hopeless

Then, i read where parts, ... finally figured out VM treat users on its own types

You must saw the shoppers types.
          -default- is only for admin (NOT ANY products belong to this VISIBLE on front-end)
          anonymous (this is what i mean)

Solution:
Set all product shopper options to anonymous or leave them empty with shopper default is anonymous

Hope you enjoy your days without pain and living-liked feeling!

John2400

Hi ,

You should not have to set any shopping groups?

* be careful - if you create a  product , shipping setting and you then set them to a specific 'group settings' in VM then an normal buyer may not be able to purchase a certain product
or buy a certain product -

* When you see the option "select some option" - this should be left alone unless you specifically want a certain group to only buy that product.

rattonwing :   your solution might work this time but it may not work in the future -

* Unless - you have set in Joomla that all new registered users are automatically placed in the Anonymous group-

Default is not just admin - ...

ndhunz

I have the same problem with the page being blank. I checked that all the products are no assigned to any shopper groups. Is there any other way to fix it?