News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Access restricted to Vendors and Administrator only

Started by nicedoggie, March 02, 2012, 16:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicedoggie

I upgraded to 2.2 from 1.1 and now I can access the backend of VM but another superuser cannot.

Access restricted to Vendors and Administrator only

rustle

This just happenend to me me when I went to begin styling the backend invoices

yesterday I could view now I get 'Restricted access! '

What gives?

rustle

Ok I fixed my problem

Basically I had a frontend user logged in as a test from the same browser as the admin I was using

obviously you should not do this ::)

Milbo

Quote from: rustle on March 03, 2012, 02:27:47 AM
This just happenend to me me when I went to begin styling the backend invoices

Backend invoices? Be aware that you trigger it in the BE, but it is ALWAYS the Frontend view invoices used! The files you are editing are not in the last version, they are there from an old version. Update does not delete old files.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rustle

nicedoggie

Can someone reply to my original message please?

rustle

Hi Nice Doggie,

I'm sorry to hear of your problem.
I had a number of posts go unanswered as well.
The VM guys are really busy so they definitely choose their responses to be most effective.
The only thing that I can recommend for you, to most likely get your problem addressed, is to do the following

1) Be more specific with your software versions , ie, i thin you mean vm 2.0.2(the latest release + your joomla version)

2) Take screen shots of your problem for the volunteers to help diagnose your technical issue
I know this sounds arduous, but remember that it is difficult to diagnose a problem remotely, by just a few sentences
Also this will help others in the future

3)keep bumping like you are doing

4) I believe that most of the staff are located in Europe (educated guess) but that should help give an idea of what time it might be locally for them

That being said there is no guarantee that you will get an answer as there are literally 1000's of posts, but the VM guys are usually pretty good, and get back eventually.

I hope this helps + good luck

webmosby

I had this exact problem. It's annoying. I just signed in as the master admin for the joomla account and it works just fine. But, my normal account does not anymore.

Hopefully they will fix this soon.

rustle

@ webmosby

I'm serious these guys can't help you out unless you are more specific - just sayin'

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rustle

Hey guys,

Your issue got me to thinking last night

I remember when I first migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7+
I experienced something similar to the issue you describe...

Did you guys set the 'no filtering' and associated functions to the Super Users in the 'permissions' tab in the  'global configuration' of Joomla

there has been serious security enhancements since Joomla 1.5

I know that the root admin will have no filtering but if you don't set this up other users can experience this issue.
I was experiencing  this with the article manager last year...

I'm not sure if this helps, but seemingly it would be more helpful than what Jenkinhill posted