News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 2 and SEF URLs problem

Started by Bestrading, March 02, 2012, 09:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bestrading

Hello,
I have a website Joomla 1.5.25 and installed now VM 2.0.2. The site has SEF URLs enabled from Global configuration (the first 2 options checked yes).
So now when I tried to make a new menu item -> Virtuemart allinone (which should have the URL igktfrance/index.php?option=com_virtuemart_allinone), Joomla uses the alias('boutique') for making the URL , so the URL is now igktfrance/fr/boutique. The problem is that at this URL I get 404 error.
If I enable  VM Categories, I see the products but without any images and when clicking on them it takes me to the first page of the website.
Does someone have any idea what is going on? Thanks

Valeria
Joomla Version 1.5.25, VM 1.1.9
CA Internet Solutions
www.ca-www.ca

jjk

Quote from: Bestrading on March 02, 2012, 09:26:19 AM
I have a website Joomla 1.5.25 and installed now VM 2.0.2. The site has SEF URLs enabled from Global configuration (the first 2 options checked yes).
So now when I tried to make a new menu item -> Virtuemart allinone (which should have the URL igktfrance/index.php?option=com_virtuemart_allinone), Joomla uses

I stopped using Joomla 1.5.x several months ago, so I'm not aware of the differences when using VM2.x. But creating a menu item for "Virtuemart allinone" (AIO) doesn't seem to make sense. The AIO is basically just the installer for the VM2 modules and plugins. You should create menu items for "VirtueMart Categories Layout" (point to an overview of categories) and/or "Category Layout" (point to a single category) and i.e. "Shopping Cart" (points to the cart).
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Bestrading

Yes, you are right, I made now a menu item for categories.
But I still have the products problem: I have 2 of them added to a category in the backend, with image and all, and in the frontend I see just that there are 2, but with no information, not even the names, or the images.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to specify somewhere the alias for the each product ? Or what is it?
Thank you.
Have a nice day
Joomla Version 1.5.25, VM 1.1.9
CA Internet Solutions
www.ca-www.ca

36above

I had the same problem, I solved it by creating a dummy menu with a link to the 'store' or top most virtuemart view. After creating this the seo links sorted themselves out. It seems it needs a root store link.
New! Virtuemart 2.x Multi item editor. Edit 100s of items at once. http://www.virtuemart-bulk-editor.anthonyglover.com/