News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] Category Image Not Displaying - J2.5.1/VM2.0.2

Started by sukhrob, March 02, 2012, 08:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sukhrob

Hi,

Does anyone else having troubles with making Category Image (Thumbnail) Appear?

I created the category, uploaded the image. Made sure its published. Double checked the Media Files. Everything looks ok.
I mean neither the image nor .noimage file is showing up.

I tried turning of jquery, ajax, gzip, system cache and tried using overrides, and without overrides. Nothing seem to have any effect on it.
Can't figure out whats wrong, so wondering if anyone else having same problem?

It was working fine with J1.7 VM2.0. But as soon as J2.5 & V2.0.2 update came out category image disappeared.
All i see is clean and centered category title without any images at all.

Thank you,
Rob

P.S. - I'm complete newbie to Joomla and VM.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

I don't know what actually caused your category images to disappear, but there are a few things you can check.
Are the category images visible in the 'Products - Product Categories - Product Category Edit' - Images tab? If not, use 'Search images' on top of the view and assign it to your category again. If that does't work, you might try 'Replace thumbnail' at the bottom of the view. Make shure your image path for the category images is pointing to the category image path set in VM2 configuration.

If that still doesn't help, check your image tables in the database: Your category images should be listed in the table_virtuemart_medias - file_type 'category' and their virtuemart_media_id should also show up in the table _virtuemart_category_medias.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

azure

I had same problem after upgrading from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2
Issue is connected with new field (i guess) in virtuemart_medias table called 'published'; After upgrading all published fields had 0 value and no images was displaying:

How to fix:
obvious way: go into every category/product and check "published" checkbox

right way: get access to mysql and execute query:

update jos_virtuemart_medias set published=1;
where jos_ - is your joomla database predix.

Kind regards,
Sergey P.

sukhrob

Quote from: jjk on March 02, 2012, 09:37:03 AM
I don't know what actually caused your category images to disappear, but there are a few things you can check.
Are the category images visible in the 'Products - Product Categories - Product Category Edit' - Images tab? If not, use 'Search images' on top of the view and assign it to your category again. If that does't work, you might try 'Replace thumbnail' at the bottom of the view. Make shure your image path for the category images is pointing to the category image path set in VM2 configuration.

If that still doesn't help, check your image tables in the database: Your category images should be listed in the table_virtuemart_medias - file_type 'category' and their virtuemart_media_id should also show up in the table _virtuemart_category_medias.

In the Images Tab, picture is visible, thumbnail is visible. Files and Pictures are Published. Paths are correct.

Checked the Tables mentioned above, and in the table_virtuemart_medias - I did see the Category Image loaded.

Still problem persists.

Quote from: azure on March 03, 2012, 14:51:55 PM
I had same problem after upgrading from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2
Issue is connected with new field (i guess) in virtuemart_medias table called 'published'; After upgrading all published fields had 0 value and no images was displaying:

How to fix:
obvious way: go into every category/product and check "published" checkbox

right way: get access to mysql and execute query:

update jos_virtuemart_medias set published=1;
where jos_ - is your joomla database predix.

Kind regards,
Sergey P.

Ran successful query, but result was that 0 files were effected. That's because i actually manually published all images for each category before that.

Still problem persists.

Thank you guys for trying!!!

More ideas would be highly appreciated. :)

Krisse

Having the exact same problem with J2.5 & V2.0.2 - have searched and searched with nothing that helps. Paths are correct, images published, even the file permissions are ok (as I found out that some people had to change their components folder to 755 on some earlier versions). Currently doing a webshop for a client and really hoping that I can find a way to solve this problem.. So, if anyone has ANY ideas please let us know! Thanks.

Krisse

Solved the problem at least for my part =) (I'm using rockettheme zephyr) found out that gantry doesn't understand that there's an image after the "first" word of the title and thus builds an empty span tag on it's place thus making the images disappear. Solved it by simple turning off "Build Titles Spans" option from the Templates manager -> edit style -> advanced tab, and voíla category thumbnails are showing yay!! So here's atleast one solution to this problem, don't know about if you really want to enable Titles Spans to make your titles words different color though..

sukhrob

Quote from: Krisse on March 05, 2012, 10:22:35 AM
Solved the problem at least for my part =) (I'm using rockettheme zephyr) found out that gantry doesn't understand that there's an image after the "first" word of the title and thus builds an empty span tag on it's place thus making the images disappear. Solved it by simple turning off "Build Titles Spans" option from the Templates manager -> edit style -> advanced tab, and voíla category thumbnails are showing yay!! So here's atleast one solution to this problem, don't know about if you really want to enable Titles Spans to make your titles words different color though..

THANK YOU!!!

That worked for me as well. I was using Rocketheme Template as well.

novasonic

thank you, me too. I use a rocket theme, its clarion.

ren3784

Thanks, this fixed it!!! I use the Camber theme  ;D  ;D
Renee Heyward
Developerz Block
http://developerzblock.com

murenti

I wanted to add my fix to help others.

I noticed that the thumbnails that were not showing were in fact .jpg's so I changed them to .png and that fixed every thumbnail issue.

Many thanks

adammisiek

hi
i got a problem and nobody can help me, so maby You will be able to ?

In my VM2 there is no "NO PRODUCT IN THE CATEGORY" output, I woluld like VM to show an image when Category has no products inside. Can You help me please?