News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Who got the text input box working?

Started by vigier, March 02, 2012, 00:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigier

Hi, since there's no reaction on my bugreport and I cannot imagine that no one over here uses the text input box, I'll try this question: who got the text input box to work on his site and how diy you do it?
I made a custom field --> plugins --> VM - Custom, customer text input, cart attribute to yes, published yes. Added this to my product, field size to 4. It shows up on the productdetails. When I place the order, the user input is gone, nowhere to be found.

Some of you have a webshop that offers text printing where the client can input the text he wants to have printed? Who got it working?

teecookie

unpublish in Custom attributes. add in product even though un published. then publish in custom attribute ...this works 

vigier

Thnx for your reply, but this didn't work for me. It still has the same problem....

John2400

No still after trying every version. Publish , unpublish, add a field, change the cost,

* I do notice that even when I unpublish the field it is still visually seen on the product - so publish and unpublish makes no difference in this attribute.

2.5.1 and 2.0.2 versions

John2400

2.0.3 works for me now  ;D
thanks

all the development crew

Actlas

This publishing/unpublishing trick didn't work here either. We are on VM 2.0.7c now.
I can hardly believe this problem is really related to our configuration?

John2400

bshot1

I tried reading the thread and just had a massive brain fart. Is this working as of now, and if so does anyone have a step by step? All I'm really looking for is a customer text input field, so for example : If someone wants a t-shirt that says their name - they can enter it in before adding to cart.  :'(

John2400

I think you will have to wait for the updated version- in 2.0.6 it works but 2.0.7 b, c it does not and as these are test versions.
You will have to wait for the next few test versions.
If Milbo is aware of it then they know.

see here - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90833.new;topicseen#new

this might not help you unless you use this download method - it will come out in zip soon.