News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Question about » Shopper Field « options and Suggestion

Started by lipes, March 01, 2012, 21:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

It's possible to have a specific Shopper Fields by the principal Shopper Groups  ?

For example, to any person that want to register in our VM website dont need some filds like "Company Name", "fax" or any other field that we dont want...
But if the User it's a Company, they wont need the "first name" "middle name" "last name" ... or any other field that we dont want...

My suggestion it's to have a Selection Field (in the beggining of that Users/Company registration)  that person could select if he/she is a "Company" or a "Particular User Client" with different specific forms to each one selection..... then we (administrators) could do our gestion selecting that registration to the correct Shopper Group...

What you think about this? It's possible?
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

ivus

I think this topic was touched upon in VM1.1.x but didn't get many responses

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=64954.msg215072#msg215072

I understand what you need and am also keen to hear of a solution to this because I need it for a site I'm currently building.
The issue I have is that I can go and modify the code myself, but it would all be undone once an update comes around.

Is there a VM wishlist we can add this in? It seems like one of those requests that should have been there right from the beginning?