News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Unable to save the picture location

Started by Bibick, March 01, 2012, 20:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibick

I'm new to VM 2.0.2 with Joomla 2.5.1 Having a lot images (more than 16'000), I've uploaded them into images/stories/virtuemart/product/

But on the Image tab of the product, if I write the url of the image and click on save, the url is not saved and return to the default value "images/stories/virtuemart/product/"

Any idea ?

Many thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

YEs, I should remove it or set it on read only. It is ignored for safety reasons. It is a feature for the upcoming multivendor.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Bibick

Thank you Milbo. But I'm not sure to understand. What should I do to be able to save the image URL ?

Bibick

I'm still blocked with this problem, unable to save the link of the picture. I can't believe there is no solution ! What did I wrong ? Any help ? Many thanks in adavance.

Attached is a pdf with more details.

Yves

Joomla 2.5.2  & VM 2.0.3 (same problem with 2.0.2)

Bibick

Any help ? Someboy knowing how to link a picture ?

Janjicar

Go to Virtuemart then click on Shop---->Media files---> Sychronize Media Virtuemart
then u have all pictures ;)
and every time u upload it u need to do that

Say did helped u that ;)

Bibick

Thank you for the tip. I get an error: "Script time too short" (i have about 16'000 images)

Bibick

No more help needed, I give up VM 2 after years of happyness with the version 1 :( The version 2 should not have been released before stability, documentation and functionalities working ...

mmatth

Hello i read this and i have exact the same Problem.

To Synchronize is not the solution i tried this also with lot pictures. I also get the Tried to colate Memory Error. You have first to delete the most of your 16k pics and then start again maybe with one hundred. But you will have the same Problem

vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /homepages/[joomla path]/images/stories/virtuemart/product/http://static.actebis-images.com/productimages/bf6bfc95-69c7-49ef-be67-61779a8e7dfa.jpg

After uploading my Products with URL..> using DATAMANAGER Virtuemart (VDM2) the URL is fine written in the fields for Picture URL and mini Picture URL!

BUT!! When i then save them and synchronize i get the couldnt create and missing info from above! When i then looking to the picture in the Product site in Backend in mini URL Field is now written a  "0" !! IS THIS A BUG?

in Fact this is not a good solution! I guess it should be a option if i will use picture urls or not and if i do the thumb script should look at the Url and not in a joomla directory! Is this possible?

Thank you!