News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] PayPal user registration required

Started by supermac, March 01, 2012, 12:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supermac

Have I to set something in VM to let the user to pay without he has to create for himself a paypal account???
Using the Paypal sandbox in testing phase I never had the need to create a paypal account.... why now users had to register in Paypal to complete a payment?

jndm

absolutely normal! ;) sandbox is just for testing.

supermac

:o
With Paypal you can pay even if you're not registered as Paypal user (with a Paypal account).... in sandbox mode user can complete a payment without registration, in production instead he need to register himself in Paypal.... why? Is this normal?

jenkinhill

The setting is not in VM. The type of PayPal account is what matters. In the UK with a Business Paypal account the shopper is given the option to pay by card - or to sign into their PP account. With a basic account there is no such possibility. You can also set different account types in the sandbox.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

supermac

upgraded to 2.0.2 and solved.... I was still using 2.0.0