login on the add/edit billing information page doesnt make sense, how to disable

Started by Zuske, February 29, 2012, 20:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zuske

joomla version: 2.5.1
virtuemart v: 2.0.2
i checked for this on the forum but didnt find something usefull.

when you dont want any user registration for you shop users, a login form for registrated users on the add/edit billing information page doesnt make sense in my opinion. This login form still apears when account creation is turned of in the virtuemart configuration,

i did turn these options off:
On checkout, ask for registration : no
Only registered users can checkout: no

so i dont want any registration to happen at all, and by these settings it is not possible to create an account at the checkout, so it doesnt make sense for a login form to appear at the add/edit billing information page. Users dont need an account to edit the billing information because it is, stored in the browser session for that moment right?

so what i did: i deleted the code for the user forms in components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/login.php. but still the text: "Your account details"  apears at the top of the page, how do i disable this text? and is there a better way for this problem then just deleting code, anyone else had this problem?

the page i am talking about: http://www.mongolianlife.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editaddresscart&addrtype=BT&lang=nl

thanks! and thanks for virtuemart2 to be there.

PRO

views/cart/tmpl/default.php

REMOVE

<?php echo shopFunctionsF::getLoginForm($this->cart,false);
//echo $this->loadTemplate('login');

also, do a template override.

Zuske

thank you, for the reply

i removed that code, and restored the other file: components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/login.php
but the log-in form apears and the text " Your account details" also
see: http://www.mongolianlife.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editaddresscart&addrtype=BT&lang=nl

i didnt do a tempalte override yet.

this form is on the edit/add billing information page, and i dont have any problems on the cart page

PRO

views/user/tmpl/edit.php

Remove
<?php echo shopFunctionsF::getLoginForm(false); ?>

Zuske

I removed this code: <?php echo shopFunctionsF::getLoginForm(false); ?>
in views/user/tmpl/edit.php, but it didnt remove the login form on the add/edit billing info page.

So what i did myself i removed this code from views/user/tmpl/login.php:

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_'index.php'true0); ?>" method="post" name="com-login" >

<div class="width30 floatleft" id="com-form-order">
    <label for="order_number"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_NUMBER'?></label><br />
    <input type="text" id="order_number " name="order_number" class="inputbox" size="18" alt="order_number " />
    </div>
    <label for="order_pass"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PASS'?></label><br />
    <input type="text" id="order_pass" name="order_pass" class="inputbox" size="18" alt="order_pass" value="p_"/>
    </div>
    <input type="submit" name="Submitbuton" class="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_BUTTON_VIEW'?>" />
    </div>
    <div class="clr"></div>
    <input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_virtuemart" />
    <input type="hidden" name="view" value="orders" />
    <input type="hidden" name="layout" value="details" />
    <input type="hidden" name="return" value="" />

</form>

as you can see on the page the login form is gone but the text: Your account details still apears?

büro vögtlin

worked also perfect for me, ill let you know if i can remove the text...

gposthumus

If anyone is still interested in this....I found the solution, whilst looking for a way to do this ( thread is old but thought I'd add it in case anyone else needed it) :

file = views/user/tmpl/edit_address.php

1. create a template override for this file - do not modify the above file, as all customisation will be lost during upgrades !
2. around line 34 - you should find similar code - <h1><?php echo $this->page_title ?></h1> - remove the code between H1 tags, and replace with own text OR simply delete the entire line.

Worked for me.

mann22

Some help here, please? I followed the steps but It didn't work for me.

GJC Web Design

Very clearly stated - honestly .. they talk about at least 3 different things in this post  - then you post  "didn't work"

If you want help - at the very least make an effort to explain clearly what you want help with in a polite and concise manner ...
then maybe someone will help you....

Every view in VM has a template -- you can normally work it out from the non sef url

then over ride it with a copy - and play - till you find where the lines are that your trying to find or change or what ever
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

mann22

Apologies GjC Web Design, but the language is a great barrier to me but I will try to explain further:

I dont want any registration to happen at all, so it doesnt make sense for a login form to appear at the add/edit billing information page. Users dont need an account to edit the billing information because it is, stored in the browser session for that moment right?

I did turn these options off:
On checkout, ask for registration : no
Only registered users can checkout: no

I removed this code: <?php echo shopFunctionsF::getLoginForm(false); ?>
in views/user/tmpl/edit.php, but it didnt remove the login form on the add/edit billing info page.

I removed this code from views/user/tmpl/login.php:

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_'index.php'true0); ?>" method="post" name="com-login" >

<label for="order_number"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_NUMBER'?></label><br />
    <input type="text" id="order_number " name="order_number" class="inputbox" size="18" alt="order_number " />
    </div>
    <label for="order_pass"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PASS'?></label><br />
    <input type="text" id="order_pass" name="order_pass" class="inputbox" size="18" alt="order_pass" value="p_"/>
    </div>
    <input type="submit" name="Submitbuton" class="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_BUTTON_VIEW'?>" />
    </div>
    <div class="clr"></div>
    <input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_virtuemart" />
    <input type="hidden" name="view" value="orders" />
    <input type="hidden" name="layout" value="details" />
    <input type="hidden" name="return" value="" />

</form>

But the login form is still there. I 've also edited in the same way the edit.php and the login.php in template\html\com_virtuemart\user\login.php

And I've unpublished the login form in modules too.

Thanks for your help.

mann22