News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Itemid missing

Started by rayge, February 29, 2012, 14:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayge

I've noticed after installing virtuemart 2.0.2 none of the links from within the VM app are passing along the Itemid parameter.
I'm wondering is anyone else is having this issue and what to do to solve this?
I Use: Joomla 3.4.1 & VM 3.0.9

jenkisan

Help Please!

Suddenly the same happened to my site (did I do something wrong??)

Some categories have the itemid attached at the end when I click on a product while other pages don't have the itemid and the product page layout is screwed up. This was working yesterday so something happened.. (we are working on the website but css stuff).

Please let me know if there is something to check.

VM 2.0.2 - Joomla 2.5.1

jenkisan

I solved it.  Not sure if this is THE solution.

I checked the menu assignments and for some strange reason, the ones not working were suddenly showing this: com_virtuemart does not exist!  I simply opened the menu item and resvaed it (because inside all the settings were correct).  This made the warning go away and the menu item work like before.

I then reinstalled some old versions from akeeba backup and the old sites had the same problem....... even though they didn't 2-3 days ago.

I think this is a bug somewhere.  But obviously not too popular thank god.

PRO

You can also customize your template, and not use the itemid

This is how I assign modules etc.
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-template-and-module-control

balai

rayge

YEs that module and MetaMod is find and that is what ive decided to use, but that isnt quite the point. WHen i click the shop menu item and it shows the menu Itemid in the URL then you click a category or an item form inside the shop it SHOULD carry over that Item ID or have code that checks the db for a menu item matching the params for that category or product.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
I Use: Joomla 3.4.1 & VM 3.0.9

PRO

Quote from: rayge on March 03, 2012, 17:48:01 PM
YEs that module and MetaMod is find and that is what ive decided to use, but that isnt quite the point. WHen i click the shop menu item and it shows the menu Itemid in the URL then you click a category or an item form inside the shop it SHOULD carry over that Item ID or have code that checks the db for a menu item matching the params for that category or product.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

You should create menu links to the categories.

resorter

Any news about this for itemid missing, also this happens and when you make search