News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Change the structure of the forum?

Started by kg, April 03, 2012, 14:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kg

Hi all,
I find the structure of the forum a bit messy when it comes to the "questions / bug reporting / development / new features " - levels and would love to see it a bit more structured.

Suggested changes:
Most of the forum should be as it is today.
VirtueMart 2.x questions in the forum should be as they are today, divided inte the separate sections: Installation, administration, templates, etc etc
In these sections we ask and answer questions about how to handle VirtueMart.

When it is not about handling but rather some issues with the product not working as it should, we post in the bugs section.
Bugs should be separated from development and have it's own section.
The bug section should only be about production releases (at moment up to 2.0.2) and not about test releases.
The bug section could be rather strict about what data you have to add (version, server environment etc) and we (the other forum users) can confirm the error if we can reproduce it.
This bug forum entries can then be used by the VirtueMart developers and hopefully give them more direct info about errors in the actual production versions.

Apart from bugs section I would like to have a "new features request" section.
In this section we add things we would like to see in VirtueMart in the next releases. The issues in this section could very well also have a voting part where forum users could vote for the new features.

Finally the development section
The development section is the place for discussing the test/development releases (at moment 2.0.3x) and nothing else.
In this section we (the alfa, beta, rc-testers) can post the issues with the new test release so the developers can get the feedback they need.

This would make it easier to adress development issues separately and the misunderstandings about test releases versus the actual production release can be reduced.

What's your opinion on this?
How can we make life easier for us and the developers?

Milbo

Good ideas. I thought also last 2 weeks that it is atm quite messy.

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lysov

Also very difficult to find all the topics on the specific VM subrelease. And of course have a clear idea of ​​the fabric of global development