News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

MOD VM Manufacturers - Problem?! 2.0.3 H

Started by lipes, February 28, 2012, 21:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

Suggestion:
(1) in BE, administration VM Manufacturers area it misses a form with the image size displaying (width, height)....
I dont like the solution that gives the same values from the product images... :(

(2) in BE administration VM Manufacturers area... on Basic Options .. we dont have a "Module Class Suffix" to change the style of anything in that module... for example.. i would like to change the style of the Text Title Headings ... because my header H2 it's to big from my Joomla Articles Titles...
So i Have the manufacturer image and the Titles too big... i cant change this css.. i dont know how to..

Problem:
I'am trying to add 6 Manufacturers "per row" / columns ..
i've change the "display style" from div based to list based ul-li but i cant get any result ...
my pictures have the same size that produts (like i've explained 154px width) ... but my original manufacturers had 150px ... how can i solve this to get 6 imgs?
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Cleanshooter

Have you tried looking at it in Firebug or Chrome using "Inspect Element"?  This way you can find the CSS class already assigned to it and override it in your template's CSS.

- Cleanshooter

lipes

I've found a 2nd problem in this module...
in BE we have 3 possibilities to change in VirtueMart Manufacturer:
- Image & Name
- Thumb image
- Manufacturers name

They dont work ... it gives us (every time) the Manufacturer Name + Image ...

The first problem that i've posted before.. I also tryed to change the "Manufacturers per row" to "2" ... but gives us every time 3 per row ...

Cleanshooter, you're right i've aplied the CSS to .manufacturer-view-default h2 {font-size:10px} but it would be easy if we have the possibility to change the class name in BE... but is ok! Thanks

lipes

1) In the (BE) BackEnd Administration area of VM Manufacturer Module, on Basic Options, i think it misses some crucial form fields like the: Manufacturer Image Width and Height;
The problem is that at this moment is giving the SAME Size than the product images! If you got an manufacturer image with the width: 40px and your product width in VM its setting up to 240px .. your manufacturer image will enlarge to that size of 240px and getting very poor quality without mantain the default of 40px....   
Suggestion: I think that the solution could be adding 2 forms fields of width and height ....... or the ability to users change the style (something like a form of Module Class Suffix) of the size in several parts of their website.

2) In the BE Admin area (again) in Basic Options, I cant get any of the options working!!! Nothing works :(
VirtueMart Manufacturer: Manufacturers name; Thumb image; Image & name    -> dont work
Display Style: Div based; List based ul-li    -> dont work
Manufacturers per row ... -> dont work
It gives us always the same result:  Image & Name, 3 Manufacturers Brands images per row, div based and we cant do anything to change this......   :-/

3) Suggestion, it will be nice if you could add (in the future) on the Basic Options, some Manufacturer filter with a multi select inputbox with all manufacturers brands. Users could choose / select (publish or unpublish) too with a single click. Without they need to go to the Manufacturers menu ( index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer ) to publish or unpublish that brand ...

lipes

Module VM Manufacturer doesnt work fine yet in 2.0.3H  :'(