News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Name and Image

Started by Hujub, February 28, 2012, 16:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hujub

Firstly Sorry if this is a common question i have tried to look around the forum  :-\

*IM USING JOOMLA 2.5 and VIRTUEMART 2.0.2 ON A LOCAL SERVER USING MAMP*

My issue is that my product name's the first word is lower case and grey and the following words are all upper case and blue
Also the Thumbnail images are all very small, i have tried to change them from 90x90 but the page just crashes

See Below

I know there must be a php or css file somewhere i can change this but cant find it.

Thank you in advance  :)

jenkinhill

Is that a commercial template/theme?

Use Firebug to examine the css - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=73349.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Atayazici

My new challenge is the thumbnails on the default template of Virtuemart 2. I can't get them larger, when I go to configuration and increase it from 90 x 90. Is there another trick to this? thank you!

glasya

I guess that is because during upload they were resized to 90x90, what you should try is to delete one image, than reupload it when you have the bigger thumbnail settings applied. If that has the desired effect you know what to do.

wingreen

Firebug is usually the best way to find what you need to edit.  Definitely an invaluable tool!

You will need to remove your current images, change the thumbnail size and re-upload your images.  Bit of a pain but if you can organise your layouts / sizes before you add too many catergories or products its much less of a heaadache!

Good luck :)

PRO

Quote from: Atayazici on March 01, 2012, 05:57:30 AM
My new challenge is the thumbnails on the default template of Virtuemart 2. I can't get them larger, when I go to configuration and increase it from 90 x 90. Is there another trick to this? thank you!

EMPTY all the images from the resized folder. AND make sure dynamic thumbs are turned on, and they will be recreated at the larger size.

Atayazici

Thank you everyone for taking time to respond. I tried deleting the re-sized images from the folder and checking the dynamic thumbnail re-size (it was already checked). It shows as the images' property with new dimensions but the visually they are same size didn't make a difference as far as enlarging the images. I would appreciate any other recommendation.

Atayazici

I am thinking to delete the images also from the products as well as re-sized folder. Might that be the trick? Thank you!

Atayazici

Firebug?? how complicated is it. Do I need to mess with coding a lot? Thank you!

PRO

Quote from: Atayazici on March 03, 2012, 22:46:16 PM
I am thinking to delete the images also from the products as well as re-sized folder. Might that be the trick? Thank you!

no

Atayazici

Soo, what did I miss there Banquet Tables Pro? I erased the images under re-sized folder like you recommended and made sure size Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing was enabled. I still get the same results, any further help is much appreciated.

PRO

It wll be the css container holding the image. Use firebug

Atayazici

Do you mean that I should change and enlarge the size of the container using firebug? Thank you.

PRO

Quote from: Atayazici on March 04, 2012, 21:21:24 PM
Do you mean that I should change and enlarge the size of the container using firebug? Thank you.

NO, firebug allows you to look at the ss applied to things when you right click them.

THEN: you change the css in the css file
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0

Atayazici

Do I edit the percentage of the image container?